This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Turn

Long story short, and keeping it general, A couple of days ago, I noticed a rapid swelling on part of my body. A trip to the doc, the ER, and the hospital later, and here I sit in a hospital room waiting for surgery and contemplating "a few weeks" of recovery time where I'll not be allowed to work.

Fortunately, I have about 200 hours of sick leave, I'll just have to get ahold of HR Monday and arrange the long-term leave paperwork.

Good Thoughts, Prayers, chicken sacrifices to Jobu, ect. appreciated.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Is it OK if I BBQ the chicken sacrifice?

But in all seriousness, good luck, I hope you heal quickly.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Hugs and good thoughts and lots of Nuclear Strength Antibiotics.
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
        chicken sacrifices to Jobu
        Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you on that.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Let us know how it's gone? Got me concerned.

Rapscallion

Comment

Get better soon. Sending my best wishes for that.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Best wishes, and prayers with you. Hope everything's alright.
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Good luck and speedy healing.
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Best of luck, and a wish for everything to turn out well for you!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Well, I lived, suffice to say.

The surgery went well, and the problem actually shocked the doctor--it was a cancerous tumor my body was kicking the crap out of. The sudden swelling was actually the tumor dying and realeasing blood as it died. There are a few tests to run on the mass they removed, but the doc was upbeat, and is pretty sure there won't be any follow up chemo or what not needed.

All that's left is the recovery, which will be agrivating, since I'll be on severe wieght restrictions, which will keep me from work for a while, and requires some living assistance--which being the independant sort will drive me crazy. But thanks for all the well-wishings--things are looking really good right now.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Holeee shit! And nobody knew this tumah was there in the first place?
                      Wow, just..wow.
                      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I am glad things went ok with you, sending good thoughts your way.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                          Long story short, and keeping it general, A couple of days ago, I noticed a rapid swelling on part of my body.
                          Does it make me depraved (or just a typical CSer) that when I read this, the first thing that popped into my mind was what Adam said when he met Eve - "Stand back - I don't know how big this gets"?
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            Does it make me depraved (or just a typical CSer) that when I read this, the first thing that popped into my mind was what Adam said when he met Eve - "Stand back - I don't know how big this gets"?
                            Definitely typical CSer.

Glad to hear you are alright, and holy coooow, that's CRAZY. Your body's white cells obviously are made of half Wolverine, half Spider-man, and all badarse.
                            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Wow. In wizarding terms, your immune system is so powerful, a cancerous tumor had to throw out its death curse to make you even notice it was there.

Comment

Working...
                              X