This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakespeare, Indy, and LotR

My mom and I were watching the BBC production of The Merchant of Venice (1980) which features John Rhys-Davies in a minor role (I made her, I love Shakespeare). She mentions that he was in Indiana Jones. I tell her he was Gimli in Lord of the Rings.

Mom: He was Gimli?!?

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
    My mom and I were watching the BBC production of The Merchant of Venice (1980) which features John Rhys-Davies in a minor role (I made her, I love Shakespeare). She mentions that he was in Indiana Jones. I tell her he was Gimli in Lord of the Rings.

Mom: He was Gimli?!?

SC
    What's even funnier is he's 6'1 in real life!!! That was some film editing!!!
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

LOL, yeah! I was so shocked and then I realized...OH so that's why he was alone in most of his shots in LOTR!
      Perspective does WONDERS...
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Apparently one of the hobbit actors (it's been a while since I've listened to the commentary so a little fuzzy on the details) kept saying "Indy, they're digging in the wrong place!" to him until he loomed over them and asked them, very politely but very firmly, to stop.

Comment

And when Mr. Rhys-Davies asks you . . . firmly . . . to do something, you do it.

Comment

I think he was also in the American TV series Sliders as Prof Arturo

** runs off to Google to check

Yep.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Treebeard, too!

Comment

Working...
              X