This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't help what other people do

I completed an install on Thursday. We should never have been doing the install as the area was still under construction and this causes issues in 100% of cases, but that's another matter. We were there, we got the job done, we left. It was too much trouble for the client to show up, so I never got a sign off for the job being completed properly.

Six days later, they finally decide to show up and they aren't happy. This cabinet isn't where it should be, this station is out of alignment, this panel tile is falling off. I'm in the building anyways so I go in to handle these issues. Immediately, I'm put into a mood as my greeting is "are you going to fix that tile?" Not even a "hi", just straight to business with a bitchy attitude.

I get to work and get it handled. Obviously, some dumbass had been screwing around with it and couldn't figure it out, damaging it in the process, but nothing I can't handle.

Me: Okay, I got that fixed, it looks like somebody opened the tile. They damaged it but I took care of that.
    SC: Well it was off when we came in
    Me: Yes, on Thursday when I completed the job, it was fine. Today, six days later, it is not. I can't help if someone opens it up after I have completed my end of the job.

She maintains that it was off when she got there, ignoring the fact that this is six days and dozens of people working in the area since. We repeat the same song and dance for the other items. Even showing her photos of my completed work isn't enough to convince her. Apparently, after I finished the job, I was supposed to stay on site and guard everything to make sure nothing like this happens. Yeah, I'd love to, just make sure you pay for that service.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Quoth evilhomer View Post
    Apparently, after I finished the job, I was supposed to stay on site and guard everything to make sure nothing like this happens.
    No, that's not what she wanted. She wanted you to say "well maybe..." and admit that it could have happened like she said. Even if you both know that's a lie. Then she could feel all superior. I sure showed that installer who's boss!
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Probably was fishing for an admission of some kind so she could get a discount...
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Photos

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
        Probably was fishing for an admission of some kind so she could get a discount...
        Since he has photos to back his claims she is up the creek without a paddle.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          I can have a photos. I can have video. I can have a certified, notarized, iron-clad sign off that all is good. If they want to complain, they can get away with it. (usually just a free return call for repair). And why? Because CUSTOMERS SUCK

But I'm paid by the hour, so grin and bear it
          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
          Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

I really, really don't want your job.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
              Quoth evilhomer View Post
              I can have a photos. I can have video. I can have a certified, notarized, iron-clad sign off that all is good. If they want to complain, they can get away with it. (usually just a free return call for repair). And why? Because CUSTOMERS SUCK

But I'm paid by the hour, so grin and bear it
              Sounds like this is one of those situation where the infamous challenge statement "Pic's or it didn't happen" don't apply.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Sorry, I'm exaggerating a bit. We have had situations where work has been completely undone and pics proved that we did in fact do the work. But for a tile falling off, a top cap not installed, something not in it's spot, minor issues, they will say it's not in the picture, they will say they didn't see that when they did the sign off, they will put in any complaint to get a free service call that they aren't entitled to.
                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Comment

Working...
                X