X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Sign In A Store Window

http://consumerist.com/2015/01/05/di...-store-window/

Once again employees post a sign in their store window airing their grievances, this time it's a store called Wet Seal...

Sounds to me like Wet Seal is phoqued.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

19 weeks that are "blacked out". That is almost 5 months. That is crazy.

I am opposed to Unions (they are usually as bad as the companies, just in different ways), but it might be time to use that particular U.M.D. (Union of Mass Destruction).
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
        19 weeks that are "blacked out". That is almost 5 months. That is crazy.

I am opposed to Unions (they are usually as bad as the companies, just in different ways), but it might be time to use that particular U.M.D. (Union of Mass Destruction).
        Please, do some reading about unions. They are the reason that child labor laws exist. They are the reason minimum wage exists. They are the reason there are workplace safety laws. They are the reason anybody gets sick time (paid or unpaid), vacation time (paid or unpaid), weekends off, and any other benefits anyone gets on the job. Those things weren't begun because the employers did it out of the goodness of their hearts. No union is perfect, but even the worst of them is better than going it alone.

The new willingness among lowpaid workers to fight for their rights - with or without unions - gives me hope. Your labor belongs to YOU and you should have a say in job conditions, benefits, compensation and every other factor, because without LABOR there is no profit and no company success.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Umm, fratching so short snippet (as I am still moving and do not have that much time to think, fratching takes more brain power).

I like Historic Unions (the ones that got us the good stuff), but I do not like what Unions have become, for various reasons.

PM me in a couple of weeks, I would love to fratch all over this one.
          I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Fratching is fine, ladies and gents - over on the site we set up for that purpose (and yes, via PM is fine, as well, just keep it civil) ^_- That includes discussions on the pros AND cons of unions.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
              http://consumerist.com/2015/01/05/di...-store-window/

Once again employees post a sign in their store window airing their grievances, this time it's a store called Wet Seal...
              Yeah, the chain is having problems, and the employees are getting a very bad deal.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

http://consumerist.com/2015/01/07/fo...g-on-to-death/

“It’s one thing to not tell us something, but they told us specifically not to look for jobs, that everything was fine, and that we had low inventory because they were just going to remodel the store,” says former assistant manager at a Dayton store.

“Oh, and they haven’t answered our e-mails in two weeks.”

That they are...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                  “It’s one thing to not tell us something, but they told us specifically not to look for jobs, that everything was fine, and that we had low inventory because they were just going to remodel the store,” says former assistant manager at a Dayton store.
                  Of course they told people not to look for jobs - it would cut a few dollars off top brass bonuses if they lost sales due to the stores not being fully staffed right up to shutdown day. A period of unemployment for serfs due to not starting their job search until they are actually laid off is a small price to pay for protecting executive bonuses.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Maybe I've missed it somewhere, but is there are a list of exactly which Wet Seal stores are closing? Just wondering because this is a place my daughter likes to shop, so I'd like to know if the nearest stores will be affected.

Comment

According to Consumerist Wet Seal just filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection...

Comment

Working...
                      X