X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashley Furnitures Mistake!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2075625

TLDR; Company promises to write off purchases of $1999 or more between certain dates if Ohio State wins the national championship and they now owe 1.5 million dollars in customer purchases

Sounds like a PR gold mine actually. The article does say that the promotion was underwritten, so the company's not actually out 1.5 mill. And the Meme-effect of this spreading is going to be worth way more than 1.5 mill in advertising.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do the promo again next year and get more sales because of it from people hoping for a pay off.

Comment

I agree, Ashley Furniture is going to do well in advertising the brand.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I've seen this before.

Basically one year for the month of December there was no snow, Not. A. Flake. And we were in temperatures decently over freezing so any precipitation was in the form of rain. Well one jeweler was so certain that the weather trend would continue that they said they would issue a full refund for any purchases made in December if it snowed at all on January 1st.

Clearly Mother Nature does not like being mocked like that because on New Years Day the temperature dropped 20 degrees and we got a blizzard that dumped at least 2 feet of snow.

Oops!
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I wonder why no furniture/appliance store in the Toronto area makes such an offer (i.e. purchases made in $month_before_hockey_season_starts will be refunded if the Leafs win the Stanley Cup). Shouldn't cost them any more than the signage.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Hell, a Toronto store could do it four times a year (Leafs, Raptors, Argos, Jays), and be pretty confident they'll not need to pay out.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
              Hell, a Toronto store could do it...
              Same with Houston, sadly.

Comment

Of course those stores would take a bloodbath if they based it on those athlete's Golf scores post season. :P

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                  Same with Houston, sadly.
                  Nobody in Cleveland would ever take them up on it. We know the teams will never win.
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I've seen it before. Back in 2007, a local furniture chain called Jordan's offered to pay for any furniture bought before a certain date if the Red Sox won the World Series that year. Sure enough, they did, and Jordan's paid out (insured, of course). They still offer deals like that, albeit cut down (think their current deal involves their billboard in Fenway Park needing to be struck by a home run ball).
                    Goofy music!
                    Old tech junk!

Comment

Working...
                    X