This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Dealership Treats Pizza Guy Badly, Gets Torn a New One by Internet

Car dealership treats pizza guy like shit, receives Internet’s wrath (16 photos & Video)

TLDR Version:

1. Car Dealership orders pizza.
    2. Their bill comes to $42. They give him 2 $20's and two $5's.
    3. Thinking the extra $8 is the tip, the pizza guy leaves.
    4. The employees call the pizza place to demand their $8 back.
    5. They rudely berate him and tell him to get out of their office.
    6. Someone at the dealership post the video to YouTube.
    7. Backlash!
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

This just goes to show-- The Internet Is NEVER On Your Side.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Why would they think for a nano-second that the Internet would support them?

I really enjoyed those Yelp reviews.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
        2. Their bill comes to $42. They give him 2 $20's and two $5's.
        3. Thinking the extra $8 is the tip, the pizza guy leaves.
        4. The employees call the pizza place to demand their $8 back.
        Anyone else notice this (boldface for emphasis)? 2 $20's and ONE $5 would be enough to cover the bill, so since they gave him TWO $5's (i.e. enough to cover the bill PLUS an extra banknote) it was logical to assume that ALL of the extra was a tip. If they'd given him 2 $20's and a $10 (same amount, but holding back one banknote would leave less than the bill), it would have been reasonable to expect them to want change back.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I think the Youtube video was taken down; here's a link to it on Liveleak.

Comment

I agree, giving the driver $50 indicates the extra was a tip.

And I like the quote on The Consumerist:

"The pizzeria manager did hear from the dealership, with a worker claiming the driver had “verbally berated” them. But he also believed his worker, who explained the situation when asked. He said it wasn’t the first time the pizzeria has had problems with the dealership.

Since the video first hit the Internet, the pizzeria has been getting calls from around the country in support of the driver, with many offering to raise or donate money for him. The manager says now that both the owner of the dealership and his son came by yesterday to apologize in person.

“I was the manager on that night, and today they came and spoke to me, profusely apologized,” the manager says. “We both want to make things right between us. We don’t want any bad blood.”

But when the Internet wants blood, it will have blood — the dealership’s site was struggling to load and workers had stopped picking up calls, with negative reviews flooding in on Yelp and Google yesterday as well."

F&R Auto Sales is not going to escape this for a long time to come, if ever...

Comment

The dealership people acted appallingly; posting the video on YouTube is especially stupid.

But whoever wrote those Yelp comments matched them in stupidity. Stick to the facts instead of acting like a horny high school sophomore.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

A quote from one of the jerks on the video: "Get that owner and manager on the phone! I want that mother f***er's job!" Um, yeah asshole, you couldn't handle his job, it involves dealing with abusive scumbags like you every day!

It's good to see the Internet ripping them several much-deserved new ones. I'd love to see Anonymous go after them.

Wonder how much longer they're going to stay in business now that this has gone viral?
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Wonder how much longer they're going to stay in business now that this has gone viral?
                  My guess is, not much longer...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                    My guess is, not much longer...
                    Unfortunately, one of the commenters on the Fark thread where I first saw this article indicated that this is probably the kind of car dealership that would just re-open two blocks away in a disused building with a new name. There are a couple of U-Buy-It type dealerships on the Auto Mile that suddenly move half a mile south for no readily apparent reason, and their Yelp reviews aren't all that impressive, either.

Then again, I don't know how they treat pizza guys.

Comment

As a pizza delivery driver I will NOT say what went through my mind when I read about this situation. (It involves guns machettes, C4 a midevil rack and lots of actupunture needles in my hands)

I unfortuneately have had this happen enough times (I know I have started at least 2 or 3 threads) over the years with situations almost the same (close enough).

This is a NO WIN situation for the driver UNLESS they have a decent management team.

I will echo the sentiment of WHY IN THE FRACK WOULD THEY POST THIS VIDEO TO YOUTUBE and not expect negative repercussions/comments/blowback?????
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

you know it's funny I was gonna come here and comment that it was a little unprofessional for the driver to post a video like this, and then I saw it was the dealership who posted to the video. Well they are getting exactly what they deserve.
                        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
                          Unfortunately, one of the commenters on the Fark thread where I first saw this article indicated that this is probably the kind of car dealership that would just re-open two blocks away in a disused building with a new name.
                          I 100% agree, they seem to be exactly this sort of company - shady bordering on the outright illegal who have to do this occasionally to avoid prosecution...

Quoth gremcint View Post
                          you know it's funny I was gonna come here and comment that it was a little unprofessional for the driver to post a video like this, and then I saw it was the dealership who posted to the video. Well they are getting exactly what they deserve.
                          Something I read on another site - this incident was apparently featured on GMA. According to the post one of these idiots didn't even work there and another has been fired. Can anybody confirm this?

Comment

http://consumerist.com/2015/01/16/cr...-in-donations/

Looks like Jared's going to get a _really_ good tip now.

And I _love_ this from the link:

"One female employee follows Tansey out of the office, saying to him, "Out the door before I put my foot in your a**," which prompts her co-workers to erupt in laughter.

That woman's employment has since been terminated, according to Batista's statement. One of those involved was not an employee, he said.

Since then, the sales manager at the dealership has issued a statement and apologized for the workers’ actions, though he says the video wasn’t released by the staff at the dealership.

'We will [sic] like to apologize for the actions that led to this situation, this embarrassing video gone viral on the Internet, was not released by any employee [of the dealership],' he said in a oddly worded statement via CNN."

Yeah, right. Pure damage control psychobabble to the max!

And from the CNN article:

"Batista said the owner and proprietor plan to offer Tansey a cash donation, though his statement doesn't specify how much or whether they've spoken to the driver. "

Any bets they won't follow through?

Comment

And check out this link for more insight...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/0...logize-Kind-Of

Comment

Working...
                              X