This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just piss off alright...

this conversation is best i could remeber it.

CJ: Me - your lovable story teller
    BfH: Bitch From Hell

caller rings up and asks some questions that i answer. than this comes:

BfH: "Do you stock any scanners?"
    CJ: "We have a cannon all in 1 that prints, scans and copies"
    BfH: "How much is it?"
    CJ: "$XX.XX"
    BfH: "Does it do more than 1 page at a time"
    CJ: " No. the only scanners i have seen that do more than one page are commercial jobs costing thousands"
    BfH: "Well i had one on order before Christmas from another retailer for less than $150, but i decided i did not need it so i canceled it"
    CJ: "well thats surprising as i have never heard of such a cheap multi-page scanner, but i guess you have proven me wrong"
    BfH: "you need to make it clear you don't know what you are talking about" (i'm thinking..i said the ones i have seen cost upwards of thousands)
    BfH: "i'd be annoyed if i didn't know computers and spent thousands to buy a kulti page scanner because of what you said"
    CJ: "i'm only saying what i have seen"

at this point Bfh and me get into a round a bout with the last 2 lines until i said:

CJ: "listen i'm not paid enough to argue"
    BfH: "I'm not arguing" (Yeah? Wanna Bet?)

the conversation ended with her asking me how long i have been working on computers. when i said 15 years she asked me how old i am. when i said 27 she asked for head office's number. i gave it to her, got rid of her and rang the owner to give him a heads up.

lets see what happens now.
    The mere fact that we have the flamethrower means that someone, somewhere once said "You know, I'd really like to set those customers over there on fire, but don't possess the means to do it"

I'm in suspense! Do keep us updated!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

boss came down and she is one of the resident kooks that comes out of the wood work every few months..

the boss is fine about i handled the situation.
      The mere fact that we have the flamethrower means that someone, somewhere once said "You know, I'd really like to set those customers over there on fire, but don't possess the means to do it"

Comment

FYI this is one of those situations that you would get what you pay for. I've seen consumer level scanners with ADF's (Auto Document Feeders) in the range of 250-500 bucks before, but they are slow and can be a bit buggy. It also depends on what type of format they are being scanned into.

I know I have a couple of older commercial black and white high speed scanners and the maintanance can kill you at times on them. One of mine runs at about 30 pages a minute and the other can get up to about 60 pages a minute. But you also need to remember the file sizes that you are creating on the fly. If you are doing black and white line art at 150 dpi you will get a much smaller file than if you are doing a CMYK multipage tiff at 300 DPI.

As for auto scanning though. You could also use a all in one fax/type machine that would do the same job, or the printer I bought for my monther in law a while back (some canon that I can't remember the model number one) but it was about 250 bucks and kicks ass and will auto feed for both scanning/copying/and faxing.

But yeah, she sounds like a total tool.
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

My Brother 3 in 1 does mutli page and was under $300
          To my knowledge the multi page isn't just part of the scanner it also has to do with the program you use.
          I used to have a flat bed scanner that you mannually changed out the page . . .but it would put multiples into one document.

I do think she was having a bad day and wanted someone to join her . . .sadly you were whom she chose.

Comment

Working...
          X