This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fish3k1 View Post
    Quite often I've taken an item which I'm positive is fine, but has opened at one end of the box in the process of being schlepped to the customer pick-up point, only to have the customer demand a replacement.

Next time trust me when I say it's not damaged
    Reminds me of a story from my first few months at my current job. I'd almost forgotten about this guy.

We sell computer desks from time to time. We always have them, but it's not a very good selection, so they usually just sit around the warehouse.

Customer wanted a desk. We had two of that model in stock. I went to the warehouse with a cart and brought out the box that was easiest to get to. Both boxes had dents and tears. The one I picked up had more dents and tears than the other. I knew, however, based on the way the stuff inside was packed, that nothing could have fallen out. And I could see nothing but styrofoam through the tears, which suggested no damage to the desk pieces themselves. Of course, the customer didn't like the condition of the box and wanted a different one. I brought out the other box. Customer compared the two and took the less damaged box. I was actually a little concerned about the position of one of the tears on that box, but the customer insisted that he wanted that one because it was "less beat up."

He brought it back the next day complaining that one of the desk pieces was scratched (I wasn't there to witness this part) and some screws were missing. He wanted a replacement, but he knew how damaged the other box was, and he refused to take it unless we opened it with him and let him examine everything. The parts in the other box were complete and undamaged.

Trust the employees. The majority of us are competent at our jobs, intelligent, and honest (though, considering some of my co-workers, I know a few for whom that only goes so far as what will keep them from getting fired).
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      Be careful. You don't want to get into trouble having sox with a teen.
      Hey, teen sox is no laughing matter! Teens today are having sox in ever-increasing numbers. Sometimes they will even have sox in public places such as the theatre, bathroom stalls, and even churches for "kicks." Teens having sox among multiple partners risk Soxually Transmitted Diseases such as athlete's foot and nail mold. Some of these diseases are virtually uncurable, and require months of daily treatments, followed by a lifetime of careful monitoring of the sox organs in case of a recurrance. Indeed, so many teens report having sox that it is estimated that 99% of teens will have sox before they graduate high school. This could lead to less enjoyment of sox later in life, requiring the use of sox toys or outlandish sox acts to see the same levels of sox enjoyment as before. In short, teach your kids to abstain from having sox until they're old enough to appreciate the risks.

NEXT WEEK: Sox in videogames--ratings for soxual content in today's hottest games.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
        Hey, teen sox is no laughing matter! Teens today are having sox in ever-increasing numbers. Sometimes they will even have sox in public places such as the theatre, bathroom stalls, and even churches for "kicks." Teens having sox among multiple partners risk Soxually Transmitted Diseases such as athlete's foot and nail mold. Some of these diseases are virtually uncurable, and require months of daily treatments, followed by a lifetime of careful monitoring of the sox organs in case of a recurrance. Indeed, so many teens report having sox that it is estimated that 99% of teens will have sox before they graduate high school. This could lead to less enjoyment of sox later in life, requiring the use of sox toys or outlandish sox acts to see the same levels of sox enjoyment as before. In short, teach your kids to abstain from having sox until they're old enough to appreciate the risks.

NEXT WEEK: Sox in videogames--ratings for soxual content in today's hottest games.
        Just be careful or people will think you are stocking them.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          It's that time again....
          As I passed them, one of them said to me for no particular reason "I've got new socks on!"

The girl was rolling rolled-up sweatpants which showed her socks peeking out of her shoes, so I dunno, I guess they were new and she felt some need to show them off.
          My guess is this has something to do with your feet. She was trying to tempt you to show your socks. Maybe from there you could then be persuaded to display your legendary feet.

We're still waiting for pictures.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

My posts go in the strangest directions, don't they? Hee hee.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My posts go in the strangest directions, don't they? Hee hee.
              So this would be POST Traumatic Stress Disorder?
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Where are the rotten tomatoes when I need 'em?
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

where the socks at least fanciful?
                  oh and ignore the gay man n the background, he just got away from his cage *goes to get a cage*

Comment

Sick of sofas

Recently, we began carrying a line of folding sofas. They can fold into beds, and one can fold into kind of a chaise lounge. Another one has cushions that lift up to provide extra storage space.

For some reason, people look at these things and go "ZOMG COUCH MUST BUY" because we can't keep them in stock. When they come in, we can't even sell them to the general public because there are so many rainchecks for them.

They are pretty cheaply made and very cheaply packaged. They come in thin, flimsy cardboard boxes sealed by a few random pieces of packing tape and straps that break or slide off the box when you grab them. They are also really really bulky and thus a pain in the ass to carry out.
                    we sell something similar, and they fly off our shelves. I feel your pain on parts of that(we don't keep ours in the back). at least they aren't heavy, so most customers can help with it, but what's even more annoying then going to pull on the strap and throw it into a truck is when you pop the strap, then manage to get your arms around it to the handles and the handle rips

Comment

I love showing off my socks, mostly cause they never match. In EQ I've had this thing going for years that my socks talk to me......not sure what that says about me, but I think I'm awesome.

Dude, she was SO hitting on you.
                      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                        I love showing off my socks, mostly cause they never match.
                        Do you shop here, perhaps?

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                          Of course, the customer didn't like the condition of the box and wanted a different one.
                          It always makes me wonder that people will think there's something wrong with the contents of, say, a damaged can of soup or something. Even ask for a discount because the can is dented. Hello! McFly! There's nothing wrong with the soup in the can!!

Also, I think it's amusing when people open up a box to make sure all the parts are in it and then take another box because they don't want the opened one! This happened to a friend of mine and when he got home there were parts missing. I could only laugh at him and told him, well you should have taken the one you opened then shouldn't you!!
                          It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

I've got new socks on!
                            "The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here!"

Comment

how bout

"I've got new socks on"
                              *hands price of cookie from food tenant*"want a cookie?"

Comment

Quoth chinashirtgirl View Post
                                This happened to a friend of mine and when he got home there were parts missing. I could only laugh at him and told him, well you should have taken the one you opened then shouldn't you!!
                                Now thats Karma!

Comment

Working...
                                X