Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It stopped and it's telling you to pay more....right...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It stopped and it's telling you to pay more....right...

This guy comes to our pumps and inserts his card into the reader. And leaves it in the reader for like 3 seconds. Causing an error saying that eth card is stuck in the reader and needs to be removed.

I go out after the 3rd time and get it working for him.

10 minutes later he comes in and starts complaining.

"The pump just shut off for no reason and is telling me I have to put my card in again! It's scrolling a message saying that it's done and I need to pay more"

I go outside and look at the pump it's scrolling "INSERT CARD OR BEGIN FUELING"

Which is what it always scrolls till someone either sticks their card in, picks up teh pump trying to pump cause we're prepay only now, or just can't read it cause of teh position of the sun.

I swear to god I wish I could just tell some of these people "OK if you're smart enough to maintain a pension and a bank account, why are you too stupid to read"

Maybe it's a good thing it's illegal to pump your own gas in Jersey...

People are dumb.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post

People are dumb.
      That reminds me of a story...when I was in college in New Jersey, me and a few friends took a trip to Maine to go skiing. We had in the car two Jersyites, one German exchange student who'd never owned a car, and myself.

We ran out of gas in Maine and...I was the only one of the four who knew how to work a gas pump. It was below freezing and snowing out.

I refused to pump the gas unless the driver got out with me and watched me pump the gas so he'd learn how. He complained about it the whole time, whining about how he was from New Jersey, he'd never need to pump gas in his life. (Except when you leave the state...like right now, right?)
      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Why is there a law that says people cannot pump their own gas in NJ? This is nonsensical.
        I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Oregon, too, as I understand it. I believe they're set up as safety issues, but not being from either state, I'm none too sure.
          The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post

People are dumb.
            Seriously? Or am I just dumb....
            "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
            "Red."
            "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
            "RED!"
            "..."

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
              I refused to pump the gas unless the driver got out with me and watched me pump the gas so he'd learn how. He complained about it the whole time, whining about how he was from New Jersey, he'd never need to pump gas in his life. (Except when you leave the state...like right now, right?)
              I wonder what this guy was like in self-serve stores. And good for you for making him learn.
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

In New Jersey it's purely to prevent theft, in Oregon the original intention was to provide jobs for kids in high school in poor, rural areas. In Oregon it's usually the station owner that pumps the gas as he can't afford to hire anyone. It was interesting as a Midwesterner to drive through an entire city in Oregon trying to find a self serve station when they only offer full service.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
                  Oregon, too, as I understand it. I believe they're set up as safety issues, but not being from either state, I'm none too sure.
                  yet another reason I love Alaska, there doesn't even have to be an attendant on duty, they just have a shut off switch on the outside wall of the gas station. I'm really surprised the SCs don't push it more often....

Comment

Quoth Namrepus221 View Post
                    I swear to god I wish I could just tell some of these people "OK if you're smart enough to maintain a pension and a bank account, why are you too stupid to read"

I ask myself this every day, specially when I deal with uppity businessy/rich people who can't seem to think for their lives.
                    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

I've had to pump gas twice in my life. Once we were on a road trip and the driver needed gas. I'd never pumped gas before, so I had her show me how.

The other time was coming back from my SO's parents. I forgot to fill up in Jersey on the way there. So, I had to fill up on the way back.

It's not hard...you just put your card in, and when it says go, you put the nozzle in the tank slot and push the handle...I mean...really.
                      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

It is easy, yeah. And it was one of the things I had to know how to do before Dad would let me get behind the wheel--that, checking fluids, and changing a tire. I learned how to do all three when I was 14.

Granted, in this state you can't pump your own gas, but you're probably at a gas station about once a week anyways, don't you ever watch the attendant?
                        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Working...
                        X