This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see. Three times that I can recall:

1. A person threatened to have his lawyer call us because I wouldn't give him someone else's license key.

2. After we cut off a reseller and refused to sell to him he threatened to sue us for "impeding commerce."

3. A major overnight shipping company threatened to sue us after blackballing us for three years didn't have any effect.

Nothing came of any of these threats.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Last year there was a guy who would call every couple of nights claiming he had ordered 20 double cheeseburgers and not gotten them. The first night I wasn't there and they actually gave them to him! The next time I told him no he started throwing a fit screaming and yelling and got himself hung up on. He called one more time got my boss who told him he could have them if he could provide a receipt at which point the asshat said he was going to sue us. Over $20 worth of burgers we probably would have settled out of court for a large shake though.

Comment

This reminds me of the hair stylist I used to go to. She owned the place and had a policy against eyebrow waxing. In fact, this lady completely refused any wax jobs due to the time this woman came in and told her the wax wasn't hot enough. After it was hot enough, and the stylist argued with this customer about how dangerous it could be to go any hotter, she managed to tear off the skin above her eyebrows, (as well as the eyebrows herself). Well, the lady sued and got some kind of settlement, although a warning had been given to her, and other stylists had witnessed it. So, after she had to pay out of her pocket for whatever the lawsuit awarded this bimbo, she never again did any wax jobs. Can't blame her.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
          I refused. He threatened to kill me.
          Isn't this technically attempted bank robbery? He threatened a bank teller with violence in an attempt to get money that was not his.

Comment

::laughs:: DAILY. Less so now that I only take the escalated calls...but still I'm averaging two-three times a day. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Here's my daily splattering of "i'm going to sue you, your company, AND your hotel"

1)Advanced Purchase Rates. These are rates available online for customers to book. The terms of the rate are: payment is taken anywhere from time of booking to date of arrival and that the entire stay, if you cancel, is NON-REFUNDABLE. So yes. If you book this rate for 12 days and call me 90 days in advance, the hotel DOES have the right to charge you. For all 12 days. You booked this online. The terms are in RED LETTERS. They are also stated SEVERAL TIMES throughout the booking process. IN ADDITION, you have to check a box stating that you understand this is non-refundable. If you are unsure about making the reservation, do NOT select the rate. Please. And yes...it IS legal so good luck with the whole law-suit thing.

2) No show billings NOT cancelled. You mean to tell me that I have to PAY for a room I did not USE?!?!?! But I wasn't there!!! That's illegal! I don't care if I didn't cancel, I didn't know I needed to!!! I've never HEARD of a hotel charging for services not used. I'm going to sue you.

3) (btw this next one is one of my personal favorites) This guest called to complain about an incident that occurred during her stay in Puerto Rico. Her husband left the hotel alone, late at night, and got mugged...ready for this?!?!?!.... SIX BLOCKS AWAY FROM THE HOTEL. She feels that we are legally responsible for what happened because we didn't tell her that the hotel was in a "dangerous neighborhood" and the hotel did not tell her upon check-in either. She also feels as though the hotel should have patrolled the area better. She was asking for over $1,000,000.00. Best part yet???? I FIND THIS WOMAN ON MY3CENTS.COM COMPLAINING THE EXACT COMPLAINT BUT FOR A MARRIOTT.

...idiot.

But seriously...i love my job.

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
              I've had a couple from them as well. They never actually sent me a summons, but boy do they like to threaten one.
              Ditto. I do web hosting. I don't mind getting DMCAs and the like as that;s the corretc way of dealing with matters. When folks go straight to lawsuits and the like, that's usally when I start to chuckle.
              Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

Comment

Working...
              X