This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of good ones (longish)

Recently my boss has rearranged the schedule placing ALL of the managers on first or third shift except for me. Leaving me running a busy fast food restraunt as the only manager and only adult for 6-7 hours at a time EVERY night. The SC's can smell blood in the water and have come out in full force. Here are 2 of the better ones.

First off the Condiment Entitlement Whore.

Condiment Entitlement Whore : CEW
    M : Girl in drivethru window
    JF : Me!!!

M: Hey JF this guy at the window wants 12 hot mustards but doesn't have any nuggets and he's being a real dick. I don't want to hand his order out.

JF: Is it the fat guy in the big truck?

M: Yeah

JF: Ooh he did this a couple months ago i'll take care of it. Put 3 or 4 in the bag and tell me when it's ready.

M: Ok here it is.

JF: Here's your food sir. (hands him the bag)

CEW: (takes bag and instantly starts rummaging around in it) My sauce better be in here!!

JF: I put 4 in there if you want more I'll have to charge you.

CEW: That's bullshit! They always give me my sauce.

JF: They shouldn't and I'm not going to unless you pay extra for it.

CEW: That's bullshit!! Every other branch of this place in town gives it to me.

JF: They shouldn't do it either. If you want it I can sell it to you.

CEW: I've got a lot of food here I shouldn't have to pay for it (he had 4 hamburgers and one double cheese burger)

JF: If you buy nuggets or chicken strips the price of the sauce is figured into the chicken. If you want extra or if you didn't buy chicken we are supposed to charge you for it. They're 15 cents each.

CEW: Fuck you!! (Squalls tires while driving away)

JF: (in good mood for the rest of the night)

This is an EXACT repeat of what the same guy did a couple of months ago.

Story number 2 is the Old Man Who Knows How To Do My Job.

SOF:Stupid Old Fart
    D: Woman working front counter
    JF: Me again!!!
    OCP: Other crew people

D: JF I need you up front!

JF: (trying to get some work done in the office) Ok be right there. (walks up front) Alright what's the problem?

D: (points at old guy standing in front of register) He wants a manager

JF: How can I help you sir?

SOF: This place is run horribly! You need to get up here and help her. This woman on counter is having to do too much! She took my order then had to go over there and put someone elses food in a bag!

JF: (looking around seeing only one other customer) What exactly are you waiting on?

SOF: 2 cheese burgers 2 pies and a sweet tea. Why can't that guy in the back come help her?

JF: The guy in the back is MAKING your food. The tea is over there by the coke machine. (points at coke machine hoping he'll go away)

SOF: (no such luck he just stood there with his empty cup in his hand )You need to tell the store manager that this is a horrible time of the day to come in here!

JF: Yeah I'll do that

SOF: TELL HIM!

JF: Here's your food sir

SOF: I can't believe this this is awful! (wanders off to finally get his tea)

OCP: (an hour or 2 later) We all liked the part where you pointed out the tea to him.

Ugh, I know people like Guy in Truck myself. I had one friend who loved Wendy's BBQ sauce so much she had a flipping BOTTLE at home she'd fill up with it. She'd order a 5 piece nugget and ask for like 3 BBQs for it....come back later and repeat...

Now, I will admit that myself, I have a huge thing for Chik's polynesian sauce. (yummmm) I'll ask for a bunch of it, but I always explain sheepishly that I even dip my fries into it.

...And as a last thought...there's a Japanese restaurant near here that has this "Hokie sauce" that's so popular...there's a prominent sign up that states if you steal the sauce, you will be perma-banned from the premises.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

When I worked in fast food people constantly asked for mass amount of sauce. Now I might give them 1 extra for their nuggets (I myself did not see how 2 could handle a 10 piece so I'd give 3 if they asked) but I always drew the line.

I thankfully never had to suffer on the dinner shift. I worked the lunch shift. I have heard horror stories though.
      "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

That thing the old guy had such a problem with, serving two customers at once.. It's called efficiency! That's how you get your food so fast! The servers don't just stand there holding your hand till the food is ready, they serve the next customer. You still get your food when it's done. What did he want her to do? Stand there and pick her nose till his order was ready? That's no way to run a busy fast food place!
        It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

He didn't want her to do anything but take his order! He wanted someone else to bag it and hand it to him.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
            He didn't want her to do anything but take his order! He wanted someone else to bag it and hand it to him.
            By the Maker your are obviously a horrible slave driver to make that girl walk from the register over to get the food. He was obviously trying to spark a slave rebellion.

Seriously had the guy never been in a fast food place in his life?
            "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Oy, those sauce hogs are the worst. I'm with you all, if someone orders, oh, the menu item the sauce is MADE for, I have no problems giving them extras, but demanding tons of sauces when they order, say, a potato, then we're going to have issues. Yes, that has happened, repeatedly.
              Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
              --Unknown

Comment

I'm a ketchup hog! I love it on my fries. A large McD's fries needs at least five ketchup packets for me.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
                  Oy, those sauce hogs are the worst. I'm with you all, if someone orders, oh, the menu item the sauce is MADE for, I have no problems giving them extras, but demanding tons of sauces when they order, say, a potato, then we're going to have issues. Yes, that has happened, repeatedly.
                  in all fairness... I have before put sauce on a potato... so that may not be an unreasonable request depending on how much they are asking for.
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I'm willing to bend the rules and give some sauce to people who didn't get nuggets. However if you want 12 with no nuggets you can just go to the grocery store and buy some.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      in all fairness... I have before put sauce on a potato... so that may not be an unreasonable request depending on how much they are asking for.
                      Well, just a couple I have no problem with. It's still odd, since I maybe get that request once a month...but asking for 6-8 sauces (in addition to sour cream, butter, and dressing) when you ordered a salad, soda, and potato makes my head spin.
                      Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                      --Unknown

Comment

I hate ketchup and I always dip my fries in whatever sauce is available. Some places charge me for sauce... I pay them and enjoy my sauce. If I was at home, I'd have to pay extra for sauce, no? Makes sense to me.

Chik sauce is the best ever. I haven't seen one in Buffalo, which makes me uber sad, so I plan on stockpiling when I go down to VA. I also plan on paying extra for those sauces.
                        "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
                        "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
                        X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

Comment

Working...
                        X