Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yesterday, I clicked on this thread and as I started reading, immediately closed the window. This is a painful subject for me, I've been through an abortion with one ex-partner, and a non-viable with a different one.

Please note, I wont judge you either way, I'm not going to say you should do this or that, but I will happily offer a shoulder or an ear.

My only question, is have you talked to the biological father at all? (Damn I hate that description, it sounds so... clinical *shrug*)
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

There are things that could go into Fracting, so, all I'll say is I wish you the best.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

May you have the love and support of your family and friends.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Wow...rough situation to be sure. Wishing you the best, HFB...
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

The baby's father is my ex husband, I told him as soon as I found out.. In many talks since I've gotten my tubes tied (9 years ago) I told him that if I ever did get pregnant again, I would not keep it, and he has no problem with it. If I have to get an amniocentesis with the pregnancy, I will go a head and have a DNA test done to prove he is the father (I have no doubts, and this is to protect the adoptive couple in case part time boyfriend wants to be a dildo and insist it's his baby)..

Like I said, my mind is made up, it was made up before I even got pregnant.. I just don't want it. I posted this mainly to vent, some half-assed part time BF isn't going to change me mind.. Plus he got mad at me last night, he wanted to sit and fantasize about having a Jr.. I told him that any child I had and kept would have my last name (I had my last name legally changed and it is unique to me, it is my last name and only mine) he got pissed and stopped texting..
            http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

IF I may ask, HFB but how old is part-time BF? If he really wants a kid, he needs to get a job and get his own place. There's gonna be a lot of friction with him trying to raise a kid while living with his mother for one and most importantly how is he gonna support a child with no job?!! If he stopped texting you since you told him about your decision, I'd say to leave his ass in the dust since there's a chance he might start being a tool about the baby situation. You don't need to stress yourself so much for somebody that won't respect your wishes.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

He's already being a tool, you need to leave his ass in the dust ASAP. Since you're going to carry it to term and have someone adopt it, you know he's going to pester you about it for as long as he can. It's just NOT something you need while you're pregnant. :P

Comment

HappyFun Ball - Having been on the Father side of this situation - Thank you so much. Something that made my situation hurt so much, was my then partner-didn't tell me for almost two months that she was pregnant.
                  (this should have shown me the light - She wanted to be FWB after we broke up, TO get pregnant... )

Like I said, I was never going to say you should keep it or not, and I hope this all goes as well as possible for you.
                  "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                  Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

As far as how the current momma's boy BF would raise a kid with no job, he'd probably suggest what my ex suggested when he went through a baby-rabid phase: "Let's have a child and make MY mother do all the work! That way we can still have lives but be able to say we had kids!"

My ex also had no job, was/is a major momma's boy, and apparently never heard any of the times I said I would never ever have kids. Of course, this is the same brilliant man who said all 250+ pounds of him could secretly hide in my dorm room and elude roommates and security so he could make sure I wasn't cheating on him. Sooo logic was not one of his strengths.

Comment

Working...
                    X