X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth unclejampuff View Post
    Two sucks from the Chinese restaurant.

Me: Well, we have a house and a Sutter Home white zinfandel. Which would you prefer?
    SL: *SIGH* I don't want the house.
    Me: Okies! I'll be right back with that!
    I go, pour her wine, get his beer, hop back to their table.
    Me: Here we go!
    SL: *STARES*
    Me:
    SL: You brought the wrong drink.
    Me: I'm sorry? It was a Tsing Tao and a Sutter white zinfandel?
    SL: Yes. Why did you bring me this?
    Me: I'm sorry for any confusion, but I've brought you the Sutter Home white zinfandel... as I believe you ordered?
    SL: NO. You've brought me the wrong drink. This is pink.
    Haha.. idiot. Clueless. My wife and I love white zin. (I know.. kind of a girly wine, but I like it) Anyway, I'm no wine connoisseur, but every white zin I have seen is most definitely pink. Nothing worse than a bitch with attitude who also happens to be an idiot, and will back up her idiocy with a nasty attitude defending those patently false assertions. Not to mention, not sure what your "house" white zin is, but Sutter Home is about $5 a bottle, so congrats to her if she put her nose in the air and thought she was getting the "good stuff."
    I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
      For some reason people are afraid to ask pointed questions about wine. When we had our Steak House I dealt with that a lot.
      Like the two, barely legal, blonds who ordered a Cabernet. "It's not cold!"
      Well, that's cause at circle K they usually keep the Arbor Mist in the fridge.
      I will never go to school!

Comment

Gewurtztraminer - German Grapes/ Fields = German named
        it happens to usually fall on the sweeter side and that seems to appeal to more people.

I have witnessed the trend that White Zen seems to be the "everyone will like it" wine . . .although I have had some that wasn't all that lately.

Also, please note . . .red served at room temp. Look at your local climate. Here in Tx you do have to chill it a little as room temp can be in the 85 degrees and up . . .vs European room temp after having been in a cellar or basement.

for more info:http://www.tonyaspler.com/pub/articl...asp?id=354&s=5

Also - where's Boozy when she can contribute a ton of info?

Best advice I can give . . .check and see if you have any local wine tastings coming up . . .then go and enjoy them . .. talk to staff in the store . . .talk to friends . . .buy and try a variety to see what you like

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
          I think I've figured out the second lady:
          Mild = mildly spicy
          NOT SPICY = bland (something that isn't an option with that dish)
          Ok, to maybe defend the SC a little here, I can see a scenerio where I would react that way. You see, I'm allergic to spicy foods, so I would say I wanted it not spicy, instead of mild.

Of course, I wouldn't act like a total douchenozzle when I asked either. I would explain the situation and ask which dishes would work for me.

Just my $.02.

Comment

My boyfriend has geographic tongue, which makes eating spicy foods very painful for him. I completely understand wanting your food as bland as possible. But most people I've encountered who want their food "very not spicy" will use that term in particular. The suck here is not the repeated "not spicy", but more of her attitude. I've run into a lot of confusion about terms/sayings, being as I've moved from one region of the US to another. But, when I want my food cooked a certain way, I use a number of terms to describe it. I wouldn't just say "I love spicy foods.", I'd say "Please bring a lot of hot pepper oil. Thai food is tame for me. My digestive system is made of adamantium."
            Yeah, Sutter Home is lame. Arbor Mist is even more lame. It makes me think of the pussified booze I'd drink when I was in my teens.
            I try to get my customers to try new dishes, but I make sure to only push the ones I've eaten so that I can give a detailed description.
            "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
            "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
            X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

Comment

Working...
            X