This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymous acts of suckiness (short)

Over the weekend someone posted a dead mouse into our letter box.

The person who did the post on Monday morning and put their hands in to pull out the letters was not happy. I don't know whether she stamped it and put it in the post book...

I can't really get my head round how anyone had a dead mouse to do this.

Victoria J

I'd round up all the neighborhood cats and do some interrogating.
    I will never go to school!

Comment

Michael Meyers just won't die.......ugh.....just when I thought it was safe to sleep.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'm just worried it's a message from the Mafia. I know they send fish, and canaries...

I'm not sure what a dead mouse would signify though.

Sleeping with the mice,

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
          I'm just worried it's a message from the Mafia. I know they send fish, and canaries...

Sleeping with the mice,

Victoria J
          Someone ratted out a member of the Mafia?

Comment

Hmm... dunno. Maybe all the pet store would sell them was feeder mice?

Comment

Sleeping with the mice,
              That your body will be found in a trash heap covered with mice and rats.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                That your body will be found in a trash heap covered with mice and rats.
                Which is probably still a step up from being in the office.

It's hard to threaten people with such cheery working conditions

Victoria J

Comment

I can't really get my head round how anyone had a dead mouse to do this.

Victoria J
                  you can buy frozen mice at most pet stores, put them in warm water for about 30 minutes to thaw

Comment

Maybe it crawled in there and died.

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
                      you can buy frozen mice at most pet stores, put them in warm water for about 30 minutes to thaw
                      Possible - it was a brown mouse, not a white mouse though. (Actually by the time we found it it was a rotting mouse). White mice seem more common as feeders.

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                      Maybe it crawled in there and died.
                      That was my original theory. Everyone else seems to think it's more likely it got posted - which seems pretty surreal to me. There weren't signs of a live mouse though (no nibbled letters, or signs of mouse poo) - so maybe they're right.

We have had a brick through the window, so despite being a local charity that spends all our time helping people we do seem to have enemies. (One place I worked was located in a bunch of porta cabins - and after the receptionist told of some teenagers who were running on our roof we kept getting our windows broken in. Ended up with the insurance company making us install a steel door ) And we had a customer spit on our intercom once...

Victoria J

Comment

Apparently there is a very good reason for believing it was posted, and didn't just die there. I've just been told it wasn't just a dead mouse - it was a dead mouse that had been caught on one of those glue mats. The glue thing had been folded and the whole thing posted...

Victoria J

Comment

Possible - it was a brown mouse, not a white mouse though. (Actually by the time we found it it was a rotting mouse). White mice seem more common as feeders.

That was my original theory. Everyone else seems to think it's more likely it got posted - which seems pretty surreal to me. There weren't signs of a live mouse though (no nibbled letters, or signs of mouse poo) - so maybe they're right.

We have had a brick through the window, so despite being a local charity that spends all our time helping people we do seem to have enemies. (One place I worked was located in a bunch of porta cabins - and after the receptionist told of some teenagers who were running on our roof we kept getting our windows broken in. Ended up with the insurance company making us install a steel door ) And we had a customer spit on our intercom once...

Victoria J
                          A mailing a dead mouse, that's just really weird.Though at least it wasn't a live one making a nest in there.

Sorry if it's off topic , but what kind of charity is it that you work for?
                          ( sorry just really can't get it round my head that people can find a reason to be directing so many hateful acts towards a charity.
                          I think some of that last remnants of my faith in humanity just died)

Ps: hope it gets better
                          Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

Quoth going gaga View Post
                            Sorry if it's off topic , but what kind of charity is it that you work for?
                            ( sorry just really can't get it round my head that people can find a reason to be directing so many hateful acts towards a charity.
                            I think some of that last remnants of my faith in humanity just died)

Ps: hope it gets better
                            We're an advice centre. (Hard to explain to those not from the US - we give basic legal advice but aren't trained solicitors, we help people get their benefits, and sort out their debts etc.) We do occasionally upset people because we can't help - but problems more often seem to come from people who've never used the service.

Most people are lovely. 1 dead mouse versus many boxes of chocolates, and biscuits, and thank you cards and flowers... So don't feel sorry for us. It does make me mad when we get actual vandalism, because we're on a tight budget and money for repairs could be money to run services to help people.

At the moment I'm fairly smug - all the really bad things happening have been more amusing than frustrating.

Victoria J

Comment

Working...
                            X