X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found another song that makes me cry uncontrollably

just thought i'd share ^_^

Tim McGraw "If You're Reading This"

it's a song about a letter a soldier writes to his wife to be sent home in case he dies. heard it at work last night and started crying right there in the backroom. my coworker was like 'Uh...you okay?"
    *le sigh*
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Cowgirls don't Cry - Brooks & Dunn
    Grandpa - the Judds

I played Cowgirl for my mom, and she started crying, and tried to hit me, I had warned her!
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

I absolutely hate country music, but the one time I heard this song "I Loved Her First" (can't remember who sings it) I absolutely bawled.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

There's a song that hits especially close to home for me.

Riding With Private Malone by David Ball

It's about a man who buys "an old Chevy" ('66 Corvette). He finds a letter in the glove box from the original owner.

"He said, 'My name is Private Andrew Malone. If you're reading this then I didn't made it home. But for every dream that's shattered, another one comes true. This car was once a dream of mine now it belongs to you. And though you may take her and make her your own, you'll always be riding with Pvt. Malone.'"

That letter makes me think of my brother (who is now going back for a third time). At any point when he's there, there's a very good chance my sister-in-law will get a visit from a man in uniform. I dread picking up the phone, worrying if this is the time I hear my mother's sobbing voice.

This is what this song invokes in me. Sad thing is, I like the song as I can sing it easily.
        Last edited by Nurian; 07-27-2010, 07:06 PM.
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
          There's a song that hits especially close to home for me.

Riding With Private Malone by David Ball
          i haven't heard that song i yeeeears...lol even forgot about it. but i do remember getting all teary eyed even before i started dating The Boy. military songs like that have always gotten to me. i kinda like it, in a weird sorta way...
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

This one kind of gets me:
            Love, Me - Collin Raye

Oh, and this one...yikes

Concrete Angel - Martina McBride

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
              This one kind of gets me:
              Love, Me - Collin Raye

Oh, and this one...yikes

Concrete Angel - Martina McBride
              have you ever listen to alyssa lies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlE2J...eature=related this one make a lot of people cry

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                have you ever listen to alyssa lies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlE2J...eature=related this one make a lot of people cry
                First time I've heard of it, and yeah...pretty touching.

I'd never heard of Jason Michael Carroll before..and I totally didn't expect that voice from that face!

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
                  First time I've heard of it, and yeah...pretty touching.

I'd never heard of Jason Michael Carroll before..and I totally didn't expect that voice from that face!
                  most of his songs are omg sexy man love songs, or yes i am really 20something lets drink all day

not bad but sometimes it feel like you've listened to the same song a million times.

Comment

I am bawling. Not only the first one, but that "Alyssa Lies" video was devastating.
                    "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Bright eyes from the movie Watership Down.

Also "God's Will" by Martina McBride
                      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

This is one of the saddest things in WoW. Yes, it's a game so it's fictional, but taken into context of the history of Warcraft, it's a song about a very tragic event. The last part gets me.

Here, I have your dolly, it's up to you to keep her safe.
                        And your father's coming home again,
                        The war for him is over.
                        And spirits can finally rest again
                        in Darrowshire.
                        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

The song that always gets me is "The Spirit Carries On" by Dream Theater.

If I die tomorrow
                          I`d be alright
                          Because I believe
                          That after we`re gone
                          The spirit carries on

The song is from 1999, but I heard it for the first time a few months after my dad died.

I was driving home from a day trip out of town when I was listening to it... I had to pull over for a few minutes to get it together.

It just hit a raw nerve, you know?
                          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Driftwood by the Moody Blues, and Forever Autum by Justin Hayward.

They were some of both mine and my mom's favourite songs.

I put them on a mix tape that she had in her room in the hospice when she was dying.

B
                            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Teddy Bear - Red Sovine.

Then again I am a big softy.
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X