Clear All

Here Sarlon:

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/i...c,23664.0.html

https://twitter.com/#!/longshotautho...75910271942657
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

until near the end of the series or into the Bad Ass Trilogy
      I'm assuming that there has been a set number of books announced for the series then? Anyone know what it is and what the Bad Ass Trilogy is supposed to be?
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

I think originally there were 12 to 18 stories plotted/planned out, but the characters demanded otherwise and the number is up around 24 now.

The Bad Ass Trilogy will be the final of the series, when the Outsiders come a calling and everything comes to a head. (or at least it's assumed the Outsiders will be heavily involved)

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          I think Harry's going to find a way to quit being Winter Knight, eventually. It'll have to be tricky as hell, to beat Mab at her own game, but he's already done that once.
          Actually, all he'd really have to do is get Mabs to grant him a boon, then he can just ask to be released. Of course, to earn a boon from one of the most powerful fae, it would have to be one hell of a beyond-the-call-of-duty favor.

Then again, Harry seems to specialize in doing the impossible every few months or so.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

The "BAT" are going to be the last 3 books, and already have names, I don't know the order but they will be called "Hell's Bells" "Empty Night" and "Stars and Stones"

Comment

but those are curses!

ooo that ought to be interesting!
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

And Jim has stated "there's a reason why they're curses."

VERY interesting.....
                I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                  And Jim has stated "there's a reason why they're curses."

VERY interesting.....
                  Also keeping in mind that Jim once described his fantasy series as, "I spent four books building up my world. The fifth book will be me going godzilla on it."

I expect the last three Dresdens to be...enthusiastic.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Just finished this book.

The only thing that kept me from really enjoying was that it didn't jibe with my experience with ghosts. That was kind of glaring, but I eventually got to where I could overlook it.
                    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

But it jibes with his world. Dresden's had limited contact with ghosts and the afterlife, so his experience made sense within the setting. Which was neat.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Ok - When Harry was at the Michael's place, before going back to his body - when he was looking in on Maggie and Mouse - who else cried? I know of at least 2 others - (dad didn't)

I burst out laughing (fortunately I was home alone) when I read "I had just made the biggest mistake after never get involved in a land war in Asia and or go against a Sicilian when death is on the line" (OR whatever the quote is - I don't have the book with me)

My Aunt made the comment that "He(butcher) really got his geek on in this one" I would have to say I agree

My dad correctly predicted that Kinkade is the one who pulled the trigger - however, I don't think any of us saw "Harry orchestrated it!" coming....
                        I finished it, and texted my aunt, and said "When's the next one come out?"
                        "1 year"
                        "DAMN!"
                        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

There was something I didn't catch until my 3rd read-through. When they called Molly to verify Dresden's shade, Dresden said:

I didn't plan on getting shot in the stomach, but then again who does?

Considering what we know later, we know who does
                          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

the only reason why I wasn't more blown away (hurr) by the ending/what actually happened is because my GM has done worse/crazier shit and it's all made sense and worked. Yes. Crazier. o___o
                            (This is why I love my GM)
                            Still. Good idea, brilliant. After all, we know how much Harry wanted to not be under Mab's thumb...
                            It'll be fun to see how far this monster goes. (Harry, the books... )
                            And honestly, what Harry isn't getting, and Inez for that matter (crooked lines is right...) is that a monster is someone who hurts innocent people-- and enjoys it. I've had a character or two that was scary like Harry... and some non-player characters were of the certainty that my character was a monster. Which was true, from certain perspectives; however, I hold to my definition.
                            EDIT: who plans on getting shot in the stomach? Wizards. Real Wizards. Harry himself has said in previous books that wizards' lifeblood is knowledge and the mind. BAM.
                            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Finally finished it last week. Loveloveloveloved it. However, I'm not sure who I felt worse for- Molly, Mort, or Sir Stuart. I wanted to hug them all at various points in the book. However, both Molly and Mort (and pretty much every other major character in the book) surprised the hell outta me in terms of character development. But that's just one of the many things I love about this series- The characters and how they grow and change throughout the story.

And, yes, I did cry when Harry went to check up on Mouse and Maggie.
                              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
                              X