Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following the trend (baa.....) I have way too many books. Specifically, I have way too many Jodi Picoult books, but she's an AMAZING writer and really knows how to tackle the hard issues like an adult.

I also have way too many Gomu erasers. They're so damn cute!

I have way too many music books as well, as in sheet music. I'm going to be collecting more though, since I really like playing jazz and swing songs on my flute. NExt song I'm on the hunt for is "Zoot Suit Riot". And for anyone who wants just some generally fun stuff to play, check out this website: www.sibeliusmusic.com, you need Scorch (you can download it for free there) to see the music, but some of the arrangements are amazing.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
      Speaking of which, good uses for pillows that you can't use for sleeping any more? >_>
      Stuffing for stuffed toys.
      Cushions. Push the stuffing down till it's kind of square, cut off excess cover and resew. Stick into purchased or made cushion cover.
      Stuffing for lumbar or neck cushions or other special purpose cushions.

NOTE: do this ONLY if you WILL make them. Otherwise give them to a crafter who does use stuffing.

What I have too much of:
      Fabrics that I'll never use, and not enough of fabrics that I WILL use. I need to do a swapsies with someone!
      Careful paring down has trimmed pretty much everything else. We do need to go into the shed and actually go through the 'we probably will get rid of this' boxes and do the getting-rid-of process. Which we're doing, bit by bit. Some Freecycling, some Ebaying.
      I don't consider myself to actually HAVE those things anymore. Not really. They're just waiting for us to have the strength to deal with them.
      Last edited by Seshat; 08-30-2011, 11:18 AM.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Hmmmm definitely too much weight

I don't OWN a lot of books I tend to get them from the library or something. Don't have a lot of DVD's either cause I do a lot of Netflix.

Probably too many computers I have two desktops, one is linux and one is win xp. And a laptop which is windows 7.

I hate clutter so I tend to clear stuff out. Although I have stuff in the storage closet I should go through.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Yankees fans as friends
          Socks
          Bras from Frederick's of Hollywood
          Pillows on my side of the bed
          Shoes and boots - all 10 pairs
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I have far too many old clothes. Most of them I will never wear...they're out of style, or the wrong size, or things I don't like anymore, or a combination of those factors. I've taken over one of the other closets for the clothes that don't fit in mine. I REALLY want to go through it all and purge, but I have so little free time these days, and depression is a terrible motivator. I also have too many shoes, most of which are falling apart or too uncomfortable to wear and they really need to go in the garbage.

I definitely have too much emotional baggage, and way too much paper which has got to be 90% junk. Again, time and depression holding me back...gah.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

For me it has to be beads. I make jewelry and am always looking for pretty beads. My husband has to be careful when he lets me loose in a store like Michaels or Hobby Lobby because I just want one of every strand of bead they have. They're just so shiny and sparkly and pretty! He would definitely say I already have too many beads.

I also have too much stuff in our kitchen pantry. I guess I don't have TOO much food in there (though we do keep a decent stock of dried/canned/boxed goods on hand) but I have a ton of appliances. A griddle, a waffle iron, three crock pots, a variety of different shaped baking pans, a dehydrator, two rice cookers, a George Foreman grill, an ice cream maker...um...yeah, that's what I can think of off-hand without going to look.

My husband is much more... "normal?" He has too many books (mostly manga) and t-shirts. He loves t-shirts so people (including me) buy them for him any time they need to get him a gift for birthdays, Christmases, etc. He also tends to get at least one new shirt at every anime convention we go to, and since I've started vending at several a year, that's 4-5 new shirts every year just from cons alone.

Comment

For me, I'd have to say video games and Magic: the Gathering cards. I've been collecting and playing video games for years, and I started collecting Magic cards in force about two years ago.
                Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Husband says I have too much yarn. I say I do not have enough, and then I show him pics of peoples' stashes on Ravelry. And then I buy more yarn. Seriously, I only have 2 boxes full of yarn, to the point where they don't wanna close, so I need another box. And now that I'm moving beyond chain-store acrylic worsted and getting into the good stuff (discovered I LOVE laceweight and shawls)...things are about to get worse.

I, on the other hand, say he has too many Magic cards. And then I go and buy two or three more decks, because I'm trying to play more. Then he gets jealous of my cards and steals them.

Comment

My mom has too much yarn. Although, not as much as our friend in VA who has a whole room dedicated to knitting.

She says I have too many Ghostbusters toys...although compared to the stuff I had as a pup the 2 boxes here are nothing.
                    Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
                    For me it has to be beads. I make jewelry and am always looking for pretty beads. They're just so shiny and sparkly and pretty!
                    I hear ya....sometimes mom wonders if my animal side isn't really magpie We both agree that I have too many beads...ironically, never enough for a given large project. I've been using up the "orphan" beads by making stitch markers and am entering them in a juried artist marketplace so hopefully I can sell some of them to make room and $ for the real projects.

Hey, would any of the other beaders here be interested in a bead swap?
                    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 09-01-2011, 02:23 PM.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                      Meeee! Me me me! Just PM me! I have lots of beads to share!

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
                        Meeee! Me me me! Just PM me! I have lots of beads to share!
                        I see a Commemorative Air Force B-17 making drop shipments in your futures.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Right now... I have too many projects going on. What usually happens, is I'll start working on one of my model cars. I'll get most of it painted and assembled, a coat or two of primer on the body shell...and then I'll lose interest. Also not helping, is that I'm constantly coming up with ideas for projects. This usually requires a trip to the hobby shop, which seems to know when I'm coming. The owner can sense a "disturbance in the Force," and will apparently shift quantities of long-out-of-production items onto the shelves to taunt me

But for now, at least, I don't plan on picking up any more "exhibits" for the "museum" in my basement. I simply lack the room to display them--most of my models are crammed together in a large display case. Not even the Schlumpf Collection is as tightly packed as some of my vehicles are. Eventually though, I'd like to finish everything currently packed away in the workshop. There are far too many half-finished vehicles, and I'm tired of them sitting in boxes.
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            I see a Commemorative Air Force B-17 making drop shipments in your futures.
                            What are you ta--*looks up at the sound of a plane, is instantly buried by a mountain of beads that teleported into the room*
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

rofl.

I'd be interested in bead swapping too.
                              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                              -----
                              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I have too much fabric - but honestly, if I spot something I think would make a neat doll, I'll buy it. Or if I'm working on a doll and I need a little of a certain color, I may buy a cheap shirt in said color from the thrift store rather than spend money on a sheet of fabric. I also have a big collection of beads, ribbons, and accessories to put on my plush dolls. But hey, I like having a variety.

Unread or unfinished books is another thing I have in excess. Many books on my overflowing shelf have never been read, or have only been partially read.

And I think I have way too many t-shirts too (and not enough work/dress clothes). But hell, I can't help it if I'm a fan of so many things.

Comment

Working...
                                X