This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculous Things

This is about Ridiculous Things. If you'd say, "oh, that's just ridiculous!" in any sense then it's a valid post in this thread!
    Lemme kick it off:
    oh lordy, how ridiculous... the space heater I use dims the lights in my new apartment!
    (backstory is thusly--> late seventies fourplex, not been signifigantly updated beyond water heater, dishwasher, and flooring (thank god no carpet in kitchen). The lights and sockets are gently wonky anyway. Heating comes from coils in the cieling. I called that silly, and will use my space heater, which has off, fan, 1300W, 1500W and a few other features-- I have it set to turn on when it dips past a certain temp, on 1300W. The light dims ever slightly when it flicks on.)
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Yeah, here's one:

Local football team held a special "Kids Day" event. According to a father's essay published in the paper, the event was extremely disorganized, but the "best" or shall we say worst was this: After waiting in line for over an hour so his kids could get "football helmets" made of balloons, they went on to the stadium entrance for the game---where security told them the kids could not bring the balloons into the stadium. The balloons they had just been given about 20 feet away at a team-sponsored event. Their choices were to take the balloons to their car (which he said was quite a distance away) or toss them in the garbage. So his 3 & 5 yr old kids, if they wanted to see the game, had to throw away the balloon "helmets" they had just been given.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X