This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing the Buck (Very Long...sorry)

I work in a mid-sized independent hotel. We have set-up a progrm with a local time-share wherein we provide rooms for their guests and the rooms are taken care of through a voucher on the guest's end. So, the time-share charges the guests and gives them a voucher and sends them to us where we charge the timeshare at a lower rate than what the guest paid. Ideally this is a great set-up since it provides us with more people and (even if they are paying more than the timeshare is for the room) the guest gets a discount.

Now, we've run into problem after problem with these people and it has been nothing but hell. All of us at the front desk and management have come to dislike this company. It's to the point that when we see a guest is coming in through them, we know there will be trouble. Today is no exception.

We are fully booked. And not just where we have a couple rooms left as a buffer. We are FULLY booked. A guest comes in through the time share program expecting one of our suite rooms. The terms they have agreed to with us doesn't even allow them to sell one of our suites. Not only that, if they are to get a suite, it is done through us, upgrade fees and all. The guests are upset because they already paid an upgrade fee through the timeshare. I'm upset because I don't have a suite available. We haven't had a suite available either for the last couple of weeks. My manager is upset because she thought she had already sorted this out earlier in the day when they called to confirm the upgrade.

So now I am left with the job of telling the guests that they can't get the room they paid for. I and my manager know the fault is not on our end. However, the guests are obviously going to be mad at the person who needs to tell them no. The timeshare won't own up to their mistake and don't want to refund the guests the money they charged. We can't refund them on our end since we never charged them in the first place. Calling the timeshare up doesn't seem to do us any better. My stress level is through the roof.

Quoth Lostfiniel View Post
    So now I am left with the job of telling the guests that they can't get the room they paid for. I and my manager know the fault is not on our end. However, the guests are obviously going to be mad at the person who needs to tell them no. The timeshare won't own up to their mistake and don't want to refund the guests the money they charged. We can't refund them on our end since we never charged them in the first place. Calling the timeshare up doesn't seem to do us any better. My stress level is through the roof.
    Time share company clearly needs to refund, with apologies, especially if they called earlier and already knew the place was booked. That totally SUCKS. What a freaking stupid stunt to pull, on their part.

Hope the stress goes away. I find large quantities of sugar helps the memory forget things faster. Have some cookies.
    If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

Yeah, having some sugar did help. I think the timeshare company knows I am out for blood. There are two lines to call, one for "Tim" and one for "Anne." Calling Anne means nobody will pick-up, ever. Not just for today.....it has never worked. Even guests have complained (Anne is their Concierge.) Calling Tim means I explain the situation and then get to be told, again, that this is Anne's department. The circle never ends.

I had planned on getting ahold of Anne and then asking her to repeat what she told me to the guests. That way, she would be forced into the line of fire, not me. (I know it's the cowardly way but it's not something our hotel can handle ) Since neither Anne nor Tim can seem to do anything other than avoid phone calls I ended up trying to tell the guest myself........who is not answering her phone......

2 more hours on my shift.....I think I can make it!

Comment

Clearly, if the timeshare company isn't fulfilling their end of the bargain, than your managers need to terminate the contract with them. Short of that, if there's a clause in the contract about penalties, then it's time to invoke it.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I think you have gotten some of VRS's customers
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
            Clearly, if the timeshare company isn't fulfilling their end of the bargain, than your managers need to terminate the contract with them. Short of that, if there's a clause in the contract about penalties, then it's time to invoke it.
            Dave has the right of it. Bring out the big guns and invoke breach of contract. If nothing else, those words alone should get someone on the line right quick.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
            X