X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Best Buy people...

Just a quick question:

Does your management / corporate big wigs think that it will actually improve sales and keep people in the stores when the car stereo section has their sub woofers going SO LOUD that it shakes the entire store?

Honestly, if I didn't have to get a replacement USB HDD then I would have turned around the second I walked in - but I didn't browse and look at other things I might have been interested in because it was so loud.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Oh gods, they do that at more than just the one location? FFS. The way I figure it, is they probably get insane margins off the stereo and speakers, and even more if they can convince the person to let them install it, so they're willing to risk losing other customers over it.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
      Just a quick question:

Does your management / corporate big wigs think that it will actually improve sales and keep people in the stores when the car stereo section has their sub woofers going SO LOUD that it shakes the entire store?
      OMG - thats funny you mentioned that. I was in mine the other day asking a guy about a wireless keyboard, and that 'thump-thump-thump'-ing started.

I looked at the guy helping me like and poor guy just shook his head and said he was glad he was at least on the other side of the store.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
        If they had better taste in music it just might.

Around here it seems to be one genre, and given the area and general types who live here...it's the wrong one. They'd triple sales if they played Skynyrd.
        "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

I don't even know what my local BB plays--all I can ever hear is the bass. Sounds like (c)rap and hip-hop wannabes. Every time I go in there I just want to grab what I came for and get the hell out. I thought that if it got to the point where one can feel the bassline in their chest that's Not Good?

There's a BB next to a Borders in a mall in town, and it's entirely possible for the bass from BB to be felt through the carpeted floor in Borders. Depending on what's being played it can drown out the store music in the right places.

Micro Center sells fancy computer speaker systems, but you need to press the "Demo" button to hear anything, and it's been somehow engineered so that you can only really hear it one aisle away.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

All I know is that I hear it in my neighborhood all the time & I hate it. Guys playin' woman-repellent music all hours of the day. Yeah, because I'm so impressed by your ability to buy speakers. NOT.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
              If they had better taste in music it just might.

Around here it seems to be one genre, and given the area and general types who live here...it's the wrong one. They'd triple sales if they played Skynyrd.
              Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
              I don't even know what my local BB plays--all I can ever hear is the bass. Sounds like (c)rap and hip-hop wannabes. Every time I go in there I just want to grab what I came for and get the hell out. I thought that if it got to the point where one can feel the bassline in their chest that's Not Good?
              I'm in Fort Lauderdale, not far from Miami. What's big here? Miami bass and raggaeton (but I think they usually play Miami bass since raggaeton is "too bad" for a store.).
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I wonder if enough people complained to corperate if they would stop.

........Nah.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                  I wonder if enough people complained to corperate if they would stop.

........Nah.
                  Nope, as mentioned before I'm sure they get a big markup on speakers and installations are almost all profit.

With people not buying cars - they're upgrading their current cars.
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Yeah 9/10 customers turn the base up as far as it will go then turn on as many subs as possible and then giggle like school children. Or its the gangsta wannabes who then try to look tough standing there. I like to kill power to the room when it happens to often.

Comment

Ugh. Those sorts of ultra loud soundwaves give me serious headaches. I even get dizzy and have difficulty walking.

Its like an instant, portal migraine.

Comment

Quoth mae View Post
                        hit the right button to shut them off.
                        As you demonstrated, they know how to turn them off, and there's 99% of the time a sales person in view of the area, so they can turn it off any time they want. They let customers jack it up so that people can see "what it can really do." I don't blame them. I just hate them for it
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

That is why I'm one of their first customers in the morning. I despise cRap and hiphop.

Comment

The issue is that the couple of times I looked over there no one was over there but sales reps were in other areas. If they could have turned them down, no one was rushing over to do it (or is it the "thats not my department" mentality?).
                            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Could be some of "not my department", I've run into that in a couple of the stores I've been in.

Then again, it could just be that they're either understaffed in general, or nobody really wants to break out the industrial earplugs and go within ten feet of the offending system.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                              X