This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee Injury

I guess this would be the most appropriate for this thread.

I had a high tibial osteotomy performed on my left leg in January, and just returned back to work in June. I'm still using a walker most places, especially to work, particularly because the closest handicapped spot to the door is 125 steps away. I was doing ok, ramping up in my hours, starting out at 2 hours a day, then 4 hours a day, and then last week, I started back doing 8 hours a day. So far this week, I've worked Wednesday for a full shift.

Early this morning, my knee was really swollen and very, very painful, much more so than usual. I took my pain meds, and went to work anyway. I stayed for about 3 hours, as it was all I could stand; I was in tears. I'm fortunate because my supervisor, our team lead, and several of the other managers are all very understanding, and basically told me to go home.

My desk sits very close to our scheduling team, who we call the Command Center. I often chat with them, joking, laughing, etc. One of them today could see how bad I was, and when I sent an email to the Command Center, and we are supposed to do, she went into the system and approved it as Approved Time Off, as opposed to Unapproved Time Off, which can be problematic if we take too much of.

So all in all, it was a very nice experience to have my bosses, the Command Center, and all my co-workers be so understanding and kind. Now I'm at home, with my leg elevated and on ice. I think I just need a new leg.

I think I just need a new leg.
    Paging Dr. Frankenstein! Dr. Victor Frankenstein to the office, please!

Seriously, I hope your knees feels better soon!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I think I'd prefer Froderich Fronkenstein instead -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxSIX3fmmo
      Last edited by EricKei; 07-29-2015, 01:22 PM. Reason: fixed broken link

Comment

I went to see the doctor this morning, thinking that I had a dvt (deep vein thrombosis). I figured that was what it had to be. I had an ultrasound done, and found out that fortunately, it's not dvt, but a Baker's cyst that has ruptured. So it's not as serious as I had feared, but it is still very painful. Hoping that I can get it to feel better soon.

Comment

I'm glad you've got such understanding bosses. Not all are.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

That's very true. I've had some in the past who were not understanding at all, and found it very scary to approach them for any issue, large or small.

Comment

Working...
            X