• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see i hold the right to tease when wanted

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
      so 69 to me is like........ 45 to you
      Time for a light jacet? Maybe even zipping it up?

Comment

yeah a hoodie is a light jacket

Comment

Buy milk, and pay off fines...all in one place!

Quoth obscure_reference View Post
          The guy hands me the card, magnetic strip side up. I turn it over to reveal (Drumroll please) a Wal-Mart gift card!
          Many a time I've come across people using...wait for it...their driver's license. It will go to the pin code screen, and they'd state it's a credit card with no pin...only to realize they've inadvertenly swiped their driver's license in lieu of their credit card.

although, it would've been interesting to see if any outstanding warrents pop up on the kiosk:

"oh look...arrested for indecent exposure...driving naked to school...who are you, andy clark? (breakfast club ref.)"
          HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
            Hell my standard temp is 97.7 i like the warm!!!
            so 69 to me is like........ 45 to you
            Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            My regular temp is 97.7, too, actually.
            ^-.-^
            Hmmm...my normal is 97.6...and I like it COLD. The only reason I'm still in Texas is, well, I'm too damned settled to move north. Maybe if I'd gone on in school and gotten a PhD, I might consider moving, but I'd not be able to find another job/living situation as good as I have here if I were to move, otherwise.

And I've gotten to where I prefer to use the ol' cc at the pump. It's faster, even though my usual place does allow you to pump first, then pay.
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              I can handle 70° weather without anything more than a long sleeved shirt or a jacket. It's when it drops below 60° I start having issues.

And I don't even want to think about the time I slipped on freaking ice on the sidewalk in front of my house!
              Cold is a way of life in Michigan. It takes a lot for me to bundle up but as soon as it hits 10 degrees the jacket and the hat go on.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I'm glad the pumps around here are all prepay. I honestly prefer that, and can easily see how it's much better for the stations.

Threadjack
                Isn't it on a long list of Minnesota jokes where once the temperature hits absolute zero, Minnesotans admit "it might be a bit nippy"?

I had some So Cal roommates at college (in northern UT) who would bundle up to their noses once Halloween hit, and it hadn't even snowed yet.

Then there was this one time when I was walking to class and got behind a girl who was whining into a cell phone about how it was snowing again! (mid-January), and why did it have to snow so much?
                /Threadjack
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I'm with ArenaBoy. I was living in southern Cal for a year, had a day where it was about 55 out, and I was watching the sun come up in jeans & a t-shirt. My co-worker comes up, gets out of her car with a COAT on and says "Aren't you cold???"

I thought she was on CRACK! 55 is NOTHING in Montana. People were continually wondering how I could live in such a place. Dang.......sheltered people some times.

:shoves topic back on rails:

I actually thank places that still card for the necessary things nowadays. Some smile, and some just go into shock. I think they expect to be griped out anymore.
                  Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice
                    i swear to god i didnt know there was really such a thing as pump then pay or having someone else pump your gas until this site....
                    Hey, come visit Jersey sometime...you ain't allowed to pump it yourself. (Also Oregon.) Though the one time I actually did have to pump my own, driving through Connecticut, I just used a credit card at the pump. I'd rather just do that than have to make 2 or more trips into the store to pay and get change. At least most of the stations around me have moved to card readers at the pump. They used to take your card afterwards and then go swipe it in the little booth; much faster the new way.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth staticradio View Post
                      Many a time I've come across people using...wait for it...their driver's license.
                      A few years ago there was an article in the newspaper about some guys that got caught stealing cash from an ATM that they noticed the door had been left unlocked/opened when it was refilled. They were easily caught because.....

one of them swiped his drivers license in the ATM card slot just to see what would happen.

Comment

I must be farther out in the boonies here in northwest ohio then I orginally thought! All the gas stations that are in my grand farming community and other cities surrounding have one or two pre-pay pumps, and most people around here avoid them at all costs. Mainly, the people like my mom that just want to fill thair tanks, but do not know exactly what it will come out to, due to varying gas prices.
                        As for myself, I do not mind the pre-pay ones, due mostly to the fact that I do not own my own car. Whenever my mother or grandmother asks me to put gas in their cars when I am using them, rarely do they give me more than $10 (which usually fills their small, yet undending tanks half way) So I usually know exatcly how much I will spend. There is but one assisted pump in this area. They are always the cheapest and the nicest. I always thought the name was fitting. Swifty's.Swift,, unless you have some stupid SC of course.
                        The ones I hate are the credit/debit only ones. The reason I hate them is that you can never tell they are that until you've pulled up, parked, shut the engine off and get out, because the sign that says it is credit/debit only is the smallest sign ever imaginable. Like, 6point font, bright, neon yelllow lettering on a noen white page. Yeah, that doesn't really work in most customers eyes, unless they have really good vision, or they are colorblind. Otherwise, if they are clearly marked with a slightly more ledgiable (spelling?) font and color, I am perfectly fine. I will stear clear and use the cash that I sure I will have to abadon when I go to college. *sniff*I shall miss the papery feeling so...
                        Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

Damn. We have one gas station here that's prepay-optional. The rest are pump-then-pay.

How would you handle crediting more than what you bought? The difference get refunded? My fuel sender is rather inaccurate at less than ½ a tank, and with a big 35-gallon tank on a full-size van that gets between 11 and 20 miles per gallon, it's hard to judge how much gas I need.
                          I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
                          less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

wow, I was surprised when i moved to utah and there was still pump then pays... in reno where i grew up it was pre-pay since at least when i was 5. And I like the sign at the entrances to gas stations that do allow pump then pay, "all license plates are recorded while at the pump, failure to pay will result in legal action against the registered owner of the vehicle"... so kiddies remember, if you are going to steal gas in utah, make sure you are using your friends car...
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
                              Damn. We have one gas station here that's prepay-optional. The rest are pump-then-pay.

How would you handle crediting more than what you bought? The difference get refunded? My fuel sender is rather inaccurate at less than ½ a tank, and with a big 35-gallon tank on a full-size van that gets between 11 and 20 miles per gallon, it's hard to judge how much gas I need.
                              I have no idea. It's all prepay around here, but I use my credit card at the pump. It's the fastest way of doing things, as there's no going in the store. I actually HATE when there's no credit card option at the pump. I don't know precisely how much gas I'm going to need!

Comment

Working...
                              X