Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein I swoop in like Batman on the worst type of SC.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, now that's WORLDS of awesome!

Comment

Quoth Mindfield View Post
      Now that's sweet. Sweet revenge by having a bit of fun with the perp, and then a reward to cap it all off. That's what call a good day.

I'm a little surprised that they need to catch the critter in the act in order to bust them on theft though. I'd have though that being in possession of the merchandise and trying to leave the store without having paid for it would have been enough for law enforcement. (Though maybe not for fearful corporate executives)
      The problem is that unless they know that the thief has merchandise on him (beyond any doubt), they have no legal right to detain him. So, when there's a shoplifter, they have to see the act, then keep line of sight (cameras are perfect for this) until the thief leaves the premises, at which point they can be detained for the police.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

He would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids and that dog! Oopsie...wrong cartoon! :P
        Certifiable Interior Designer
        (Passed the NCIDQ Exam - Summer 2008)

It's hard to shoot zombies with a cat on your lap!

Comment

Quoth Mindfield View Post
          Now that's sweet. Sweet revenge by having a bit of fun with the perp, and then a reward to cap it all off. That's what call a good day.

I'm a little surprised that they need to catch the critter in the act in order to bust them on theft though. I'd have though that being in possession of the merchandise and trying to leave the store without having paid for it would have been enough for law enforcement. (Though maybe not for fearful corporate executives)
          you have to prove that they didn't have it on them when they entered the store, and having it sitting on "junior", unfortunately isn't enough proof. might not want to tell the claims person where it was though

Comment

Working...
          X