This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tale from the Field House

Y'all know that I work at my college's Rec Center, but I also work at the Field House a smaller lesser used facility. They're both apart of Recreation Services, in short the same administrators and workers. While the Rec is a destitute black hole devoid of happiness from which know sanity can escape, the Field House is a realm of Joy and Empathy from which love flows freely through. The Field house is where the patrons are stupid in a good way, funny, rather than mind numbing. Here's a few examples:

Starting this semester, Health Enhancement has been handing out condoms to students during the day at the field house counter. During the evening is when Recreation Services runs the counter for admittance. Not a week has gone by that I haven't been asked whether or not we had condoms. Either I or my supervisor M would tell them that we don't do that and it's only in the morning. Luckily, HE now keeps some extra condoms in a tub if we have to hand some out. The Funniest thing is that when asking for condoms, there's no warm-up to it, just
    Me: Hello, good..
    Patron: Do you have any condoms? (Try to imagine saying it like a crack head)
    M: That's Health Enhancement, not us. They close by 4:30.
    Patron: "defeated sigh"
    M: But, we might have some extras lying around.
    Patron: "ecstatic look"

More Rec and FH stories to come
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

XD

That's priceless.
    Current Faith in Humanity Meter:
    {|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

Comment

God college kids are such sluts. Not all of course, but there is always a contingent of them that just go at it like rabbits all 4 years. I guess I should be encouraged by the fact that they are at least searching out protection.
      Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post

God college kids are such sluts. Not all of course, but there is always a contingent of them that just go at it like rabbits all 4 years. I guess I should be encouraged by the fact that they are at least searching out protection.
        Don't they know where walgreens is? The one from my university is about 10 minutes walk away and you can buy a whole box.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Ah yes, but why buy them when you can mooch for free? My college even had colored ones. I stuck the packets up on the walls of our dorm as decorations Because I could, that's why.
          NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

Quoth wynjara View Post
            Ah yes, but why buy them when you can mooch for free? My college even had colored ones. I stuck the packets up on the walls of our dorm as decorations Because I could, that's why.
            Then use some foresight and grab a few just in case you ever need one.
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

A guy in my year - after the local social services came around to give us a talk far too late... - found out we could get a dozen condoms per month free from the NHS by walking in and asking for them.

He and a few chums ensured that a few months later his car boot (trunk?) was rather full.

Rapscallion

Comment

I went to a Pride Parade over the summer and they were handing out the most ridiculous condoms. There were rainbow condoms, banana condoms, strawberry condoms, blue condoms, yellow condoms, colored ribbed, vibrating...it was intense. We filled them with water and used them as water balloons. Twas wicked fun, I gotta say.

Comment

A vibrating water balloon?

No comment.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
                    M: But, we might have some extras lying around.
                    The image that flashed thought my head when reading that was of something opened and used that morning then thrown in a corner or onto a chair rail.
                    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      boot (trunk?)
                      If you're talking about the part in the back (generally) where you put luggage, groceries, etc, then you got it dead on, Raps. Otherwise, I have no clue what "Boot" means in this context.

Quoth LizaMarie View Post
                      I went to a Pride Parade over the summer and they were handing out the most ridiculous condoms. There were rainbow condoms, banana condoms, strawberry condoms, blue condoms, yellow condoms, colored ribbed, vibrating...it was intense. We filled them with water and used them as water balloons. Twas wicked fun, I gotta say.
                      I'll bet... and dangit, you guys get the best freebies!
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                        I'll bet... and dangit, you guys get the best freebies!
                        I'd go with you for the freebies, I've got a large enough purse to carry lots.

Comment

Working...
                        X