Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't you talk about that at your table?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't you talk about that at your table?

Another story about buffet restaurants, except it's not about those that horde food or steal when they didn't pay. We have a restaurant down in Pompano Beach, FL called The Flaming Pit. My grandfather ate there for years, even long before I was born. I had never been there before, but he one day took me there, telling me all about their famous roasted chicken.

This place also has a salad bar, but it carries more than just salad items. On my first visit there, there was this couple, looked like in their seventies, yelling back and forth at each other. The thing was, they were close to one hundred feet or so apart. I was at the salad bar, and the wife was there with a spoonful of salad dressing, dripping in the bucket in front of her, yelling, "You know Dr Lieberschmidt told you how unhealthy it is to put sugar in your iced tea!" So, we all knew who this man's doctor was, and the fact that he was not supposed to be adding sugar to his diet. Meanwhile, I really wanted to get my salad and go back to my table.

On another visit, it was the reverse. Another couple was there, the husband was at the salad bar, and it was as if the wife was spying on what her husband was doing from their table. "You're putting too much thousand island on that salad! Also, make sure the lettuce doesn't have any brown spots on it!" It made me wonder if she had binoculars, plus who's salad was he putting that dressing on?

But, why gripe about that? People yap on their cell phones at tables, and we all get to hear about their private business.

Yeah.. particularly fun when someone's outside yelling inside at their child not to eat dessert, and it sounds like Mhhhhh HhHNNN HRRRRR TTTT HHHHH.

Comment

Working...
    X