This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Taco Day

Was at Taco Bell getting lunch today and overheard the employees talking about "Free Taco Day" coming up this Tuesday. I heard about it on the radio this morning about how Taco Bell made this promise of free tacos if something or other happened--I guess it did, so Tuesday will be Free Taco Day. Between 2 and 5pm, you can come in and get a free taco--one taco per person for the whole day.

I immediately felt such sorrow for those employees. As soon as the hordes hear the word "free" I can just imagine what mayhem it's going to be--people trying, bitching, and moaning to get more than just the one taco; trying to subtract the value of the taco from their combo meals (and then whining if that's against the rules); getting pissed that they can't get their free taco at their 12pm lunch break since the deal actually starts at 2pm; oh, and God forbid any location happens to run out of taco shells--"But I made a special trip up here....."

Can anyone else think of what more insanity the phrase "free taco" is going to unleash this Tuesday?

Oh yes.

They'll try to extend it to a soda, quesdilla and those crispy things.

Maybe just another taco becuase that one doesn't have enough cheese.

We just had a special where you could get free pizzas.

Chaos.

Comment

If anyone stole a base at any point in the World Series, Taco Bell is giving away a free taco to everyone in America. Anyone want mine? Blech.

My question is they had the date of free taco date as 10/30, which falls between games 5 and 6. What if the Series went to game 6 without a steal? But someone stole one in game 6....no free tacos?

Oh well. Thanks to Jacoby Ellsbury we will never know. And too all TB employees, you have my sympathy.
      Stupid Things

Comment

yeah its only between 2-5pm as well, (i assume regardless of area code)

I dont like the idea at all, seems like it will suck horribly for TB employees, and just seems confusing as theres no way to ensure that people dont keep coming back (which they will undoubtably do because they are sucky)

I drive right by one of the only taco bells in my area on my way home, which will be at 4pm, there is no way i will go in for a free taco or anything as i am sure that place will be crazy

gah

Comment

Oh those poor poor Taco Bell employees...

I'm thinking about hanging out at my local Taco Bell just to watch the theatrics though. I have nothing better to do with my time and it'll get me out of the apartment...

Stoopid unemployment...

Comment

Yeah, I heard about it last night at work. The had the World Series on the TV's around the call center, and a coworker told us about it when someone stole a base. It seems the promo was that if anyone steals a base during the World Series, they would have a free taco day. I'll probably forget about it, but I am off that day so it may be worth stopping in for a quick bite.
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Oh God. I had to be working during free iced coffee day in march. There was no SCs thank God.

Comment

We had something similar to that last year, I believe. If the Rams made a touchdown, then the tacos were 35 cents each. They were regular tacos and not the supremes and I think it was just the crunchy. I swear, the line for the Taco Bell near work the day after was a nightmare. I'd spent my entire lunch hour just getting something other than tacos.

Dang it, now I want some Taco Bell...
                Random conversation:
                Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I know people who are already planning on driving 15+ miles out of their way so they can get 5 or 6 free tacos. Honestly its a $1 taco, I wouldn't waste the time or the gas driving to 5 different ones. It's going to be a mess.

Comment

that would suck, every one running around to taco bell to get their free taco.

its not that bad though.

a few years ago this jewelry store made a bet, that if it rained on new years that year, all of the purchases that were made in that store with in a certain time frame (it was like 2 days or so) would be free

the weather didnt call for rain

what happend was a freak rain storm.

i wonder how much money they lost
                    "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

I know, as soon as I heard about it my thought was the sheer frothing horde of trailer monkeys that would descend upon these poor people. Thank God there's no Taco Bell even remotely near me, my office or anywhere in between. So I should in theory be safe from the area of effect.

Comment

Last year a furniture store owner out in one of the 'burbs of Chicago promoted his Labor Day sale by saying that ALL the furniture purchased would be FREE if the Bears shut out the Packers in their season opener.

A week (or whatever) later, sure enough, he's mailing out rebates to the tune of a third of a million or so. oops. Companies might wanna rethink the whole sports occurrence tie-in thing.

Comment

Most of those events purchase prize indemnity insurance, so they won't be out the entire amount, just the small portion that the insurance company decides to charge. For example, one company I worked at did a golf tournament for our customers every year. The year before I put it together, the person in charge did a hole in one for $1million dollars, which cost about $900 for the insurance. Well, the prize is paid out over 40 years, so it worked out after taxes you would only get about $12,500 a year. The year I did it, I had two hole in one prizes, both cars, a Pontiac Bonneville and a low-end Jaquar, for only $600. People remarked they liked that better, because they had two chances to win, rather than just one.

Comment

Heh, I am reminded of the episode of the Simpsons where Krusty Burger was offering free burgers for every time the US won a gold medal at the Olympics.

Homer: Wow. A new baby and a free burger.
                            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                            X