This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made My Day!

I got a letter scanned in with an order for a patient. When I read it I found myself smiling and giggling. She actually made my entire day. I printed a copy (with details omitted for safety and HIPAA) and sent one to my email to remind me that sometimes we do get a rare gem. Keep in mind, this woman was in her mid 80s and had a minor billing snafu occur between two accounts.

Dear Gentleman (or ladies!)

It's being a bit of a tussle, but sooner or later we're going to get this computer glitch straightened out.

But first, let me thank you for sending [medication] that somehow got missed the first time around.

And second, we still don't have the money part of that cleared up. You credited my account (#12345678) with the amount that was remitted for my husband's inhalers. Then, when you sent the inhalers, you charged his account (#987654321) for $XX.XX.

None of my medications cost very much; most of them are in the $X.XX range. We order only one relatively expensive medication, and that is Mr. FunCustomer's [medication]. When you did not send the inhalers (due, I am sure, to this same misbehaving computer), the credit was erroneously given to my account.

Anyhow...Enclosed is the credit memo for $XX.XX, which needs to be transferred to Acct. #987654321. That leaves a difference of $X.XX. Also enclosed is my prescription for [other medication and strength], the cost of which is $X.XX.

Now, if everything is as clear as mud, the $XX.XX credit is transferred to Mr. FunCustomer's account. The difference ($X.XX) plus the $X.XX for the enclosed [other medication] totals $X.XX! Right? If not, send it all back and we start over.

Now give your computer a gentle slap, and say these words: "You, too, can be scrapped!" Believe it or not...it works!

Until we meet again,

Thank you.

Mrs. FunCustomer
    Last edited by Heksubah; 06-19-2008, 11:28 AM. Reason: Minor Typo, Meep!
    "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Oh my god, this is so cute!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

haha that is awesome! Great that you got a gem like that there, congrats!
      Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
      --Unknown

Comment

This is great! I have an image of an 80 year old woman, going around slapping computers like some sort of... of... computer slapping vigilante!

Comment

I'm thinking of elderly people slapping computers and saying "Bad ! Bad computer !"
          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Strangely enough, I have to agree with the dear 80 year old. Somehow each one of my computers will miraculously start working with the words “Work D**m you or you will be chopped in half!“ followed by a slap to the top. If they don’t start working with that, I have been known to get the axe and show it to the computer, that always gets the results I need.

Comment

Quoth KitterCat View Post
              Somehow each one of my computers will miraculously start working with the words “Work D**m you or you will be chopped in half!“ followed by a slap to the top. If they don’t start working with that, I have been known to get the axe and show it to the computer, that always gets the results I need.

aaahhhh kill it, kill it with fire-it's becoming sentient!
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Remind me, when is the scheduled Skynet release date ?
                "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

That woman is awesome She needs to come teach my mother letter-writing skills (my mother is a horrible SC, and evidently has too much time on her hands, because she's always writing letters to bitch about stuff.
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Know why it's called the American "Dream"? 'Cause you have to be asleep to believe it! --George Carlin

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                      well, according to the Mayan the world will end in 2012, so Skynet must be going on line about that time
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Oy, that's when the Zombie Apocolypse is supposed to be. Does everyone have their Zombie Survival kits, yet?
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                          August 4th 1997.

Or April 19th 2011 after Terminator 2 alters the timeline.
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                          X