Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too think Slater handled this badly. He's now pretty much unemployable; I can't see _anybody_ taking a chance on him after this.

His best course of action would to have been to sic the FAA and TSA on the sucky passenger; a lot of people have been detained for _far_ less than this! That would have been his best revenge, having the SC missing their next flight and _not_ getting reimbursed. And unfortunately I agree, now the sucky assh*le is going to get free tickets for their 'humiliation' and 'inconvenience' instead of the ass-chewing they really deserve.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
      It seems like just about every news report I've seen about this mentions his tirade and post tirade actions in quite vivid detail but gloss over her actions.
      Because the woman disobeying the flight attendant isn't the juicy part of the story. The flight attendant flipping his shit, grabbing a beer, and hightailing it down the emergency chute is. If the woman does get charged for her actions, you probably won't hear much about it.

Guy's pretty much fucked now. He may have been planning to quit anyhow, but he blew his top in a very public manner and drew bad attention to his former employer. Who's going to take a chance on him?

I understand why he blew up like that. I can't condone it.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

UPDATE: The sucky passenger may get slapped with a $25,000 fine for her part of the fiasco. What sucks is that the flight attendant could get up to 7 years up the river if he's convicted. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/p...c1fFZcr8XWwmaJ
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Sucks for Slater, but what he did was _way_ over the line. I have a hunch that he won't get much actual time, just enough to make it clear this sort of antic isn't acceptable. As for "another door opening", good luck with that!

I was glad to read the bitch who started this will get slammed. Hopefully she'll get the max and this will sink into SC's everywhere that this sort of crap won't be tolerated.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
            Sucks for Slater, but what he did was _way_ over the line.
            Agreed. He could have simply stormed off the departure ramp like anyone else but instead he deploys a emergency slide (which can be lethal if it hits someone) while there are ground crews working in the area.

And now he's being propositioned to host a reality show about disgruntled employees leaving in flamboyant manners. Bad idea, because soon enough, someone not involved in a particular situation is going to be severely injured because some moron wants to be on the show.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              And now he's being propositioned to host a reality show about disgruntled employees leaving in flamboyant manners.
              For the love of sanity please tell me this is somebody's idea of a bad joke!

We do _not_ need this guy to get any more 'fame' then he already has!

Comment

Update:

He was suspended after the accident according to JetBlue, however his lawyer said he quit.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/b...-1225914613492
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I REALLY hope he didnt think he was getting his job back after that.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                    I REALLY hope he didnt think he was getting his job back after that.
                    UPDATE: He's no longer employed by Jet Blue. http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/09/05...ex.html?hpt=T2

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                      UPDATE: He's no longer employed by Jet Blue. http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/09/05...ex.html?hpt=T2
                      Whoops, that was in my article as well, but I forgot to mention it (I was tired give me a break )
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                        Whoops, that was in my article as well, but I forgot to mention it (I was tired give me a break )
                        No worries.

Comment

Working...
                        X