Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been Caught Stealing (a scammer owned)

I am so freaking happy. That little fucktard that made me so angry the other night (the reason for my "Why are scammers mean?" Post he got what was coming to him.

His order history spans less than a year, and all but two of his orders he claimed had many missing items or the order didn't arrive at all. Well a few orders ago corporate let him know we are no longer responsible for missing orders to his address. So for a while he was placating his greed with claiming almost the entire order happened to be empty.

The other night he spoke to me about his most recent order. He was the snottiest meanest cocky little brat I'd spoken to in a LOOONG time. Every time I'd try to be nice to him, he'd interrupt me with a stupid "I know". I ask for his order number and he doesn't give it to me, instead he tells me a story saying that the last rep he spoke to said there was a computer glitch and he wasn't charged for any of the pants on his order and thats why they didn't ship out with his shirts (sounded not right at all to me). So finally I get his order number, pull it up and place him on hold to take a closer look without having to listen to his stupid banter. In seconds I see what really went on, he called 4 days ago claiming that every single pair of pants from his order was missing and the rep he spoke to put in a request saying "please refund all shorts asap, were missing". These requests should be processed within 72 hours by our admin department. This one was still in the process of being worked, and admin had left a note, "forwarded to corporate due to order history". I take a quick look at his previous order and I see refunds done on almost all of his orders. I take him off hold and I thought it would be easy to quickly tell him that the refund was delayed because it had to go through corporate due to his previous orders. I sincerely apologize for the hold time (about 3 minutes) and the customer cuts into me as hard as he can. Telling me how horrible it was to put him on hold like that. I tried to explain it was an unusual situation and I needed the time to piece it together. Not good enough, he starts getting super snotty and insulting me. I ask loudly but nicely "I am TRYING to help you PLEASE LET ME SPEAK!" and he starts on with how rude I am and how he is "done with me" and needs a manager, I advise him we have no managers but I'd be glad to transfer him to a supervisor. He gets snottier and asks for my name, I'm beyond pissed at this point, so I tell him "I already gave it to you at the beginning of our call, you'll be on hold while a get a supervisor on the line" Kind of rude but who cares, he isn't a customer he is a thief.

He hangs up while on hold for less than 30 seconds for a supervisor, so I note the order explaining how rude the customer was, the wild untrue story he told about the previous rep, and customer complains of long hold time (with the actual hold time noted), and how quickly the customer hung up while the supervisor was getting ready for him.

The other CSR's around me commented how agitated I sounded and how it was so unusual that I didn't offer my name but a smart-ass remark instead. I go home, I spend my whole day off worrying that this call might get me in trouble.

Well I come to work a day latter, pull up the order. The customer called back minutes afters speaking to me, the rep he spoke to happened to be the one who put in the refund request (this rep works in another office that has a reputation for not being as smart in general as our office). Well that rep made copious notes of how rude the customer thought I was, and then he *gasp* put in a 2nd refund request for 7 shirts the customer now claims were missing as well, with a note to corporate to "please hurry this customer has waited enough and has been more than patient".

JACKPOT!, a few hours latter corporate finished processing the refund request. The deny the refund and sent an email to the customer saying "due to negative history we will no longer refund you for missing items and orders and all future orders are at your own risk". It seems we screwed his shit up because he has been calling during dayshift hours to speak to supervisors demanding his refund. They offered him a phone call from corporate instead (I hope they get to experience what a JERK he is).

I'm getting written up for rudeness (minor) but i don't care a bit, totally worth it and I get to keep my job so I'm not sweating it.

Just for fun I totaled up his refunds (about $500) and his orders (about $700) so I hope corporate has some brains and tells him to cram it. I hope they don't try and retain him because he needs to be taken down a few big notches. I don't think they will back down because their the ones that denied this refund.

Victory is sweet.

I'd hate to work for a company that would write me up for rudeness for saying something like that after I'd put with the prick the way you did.

If anything he should be banned from ordering period and if he continues to harrass you, file the equivalent of a harrassment claim with the police to force him to stop. Use the law.
    Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

You were written up? Based on what? Did they listen to a tape of you and decide you were rude or did they take his chronic complaining at face value? Frankly, I'd be pretty pissed that I was getting written up. Although you almost make it sound like write-ups aren't anything to worry about. Are people written up so frequently that you're numb to it? Just wondering.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

It really has more to do with me than anything else. I'll admit my flaw as a CSR. I take calls to personally. When it is good its very good (I will go out of my way to fix things to the best of my ability if the customer is nice). My order entry calls are almost perfect (they've been cherry picked for corporate before). I have intense knowledge of policy, procedure, and our systems (I know really obscure stuff).

When its bad its also very bad. When customers are sucky. I can lose my cool and flip out. I get louder, I start to twitch, I put the caller on mute or hold and throw my headset against my cube. It happens ever 2 months or so I'll have a bad call like that. Lots of people at work like me so they've turned a blind eye to it the best they can. But I had a mini-flip out earlier in the week, and this call later in the week sealed my fate. My supervisor wants to right me up as a way to help me. Oddly I agree. I need to work on this, it doesn't really effect the customer (this guy yeah I was short with him, but it wasn't too bad, I should have given him my name again but its no big deal), but my flip outs can make people sitting around me uncomfortable.

I really like the company I work for, the policies are quiet fair. It goes written-verbal, written-written, final-written, and termination. Lots of steps and if you go 2 months without a further action the original action goes away.

Also I'm leaving for school across the country in a few months. So it would be hard to rack up all the write-ups I need for something bad to happen in as short of a time I have left.

I just don't know how to fix the flip out issue. I like taking calls personally, I'd rather be a person than an emotionless robot.

Comment

I also will add, I would have been HORRIBLE if I used the tone and attitude I used on this customer if he wasn't deemed a thief by corporate. IF he was a real customer in this situation treating me the same way and I was abrasive like that. I'd be in the wrong, but with him being a scammer I see it as OK. But its a really fine like judging who is and isn't honest so I should be nice to all.

Comment

I'd rather be a person than an emotionless robot
            Your work life would likely be easier if you were an emotionless robot.

Remember: work to pay for life. NOT live to work.
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

When I worked in the Call Center from hell, I was written up for disconnecting a customer with only 2 warnings (we were required to give them 3.) Of course, she was trying to scam us into reimbursing her overdraft fees because her order was charged in two parts due to a back order. When I explained that she authorized the total to be charged to her debit card and that it was her responsibility to make sure that the total amount was available in her checking account, she began screaming "FUCK YOU BITCH!" repeatedly. When this continued after 2 warnings, I went ahead and disconnected. She was so busy screaming at me that she couldn't hear my warnings. Even my supervisor thought it was stupid and she told me that if she was forced to take that abuse that she would quit. We were expected to treat the scammers with great respect because you never know when they would order something and actuall pay for it.
              "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

you never know when they would order something and actuall pay for it
                I believe "never" is the operative word here.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Angry_Hippie View Post

I just don't know how to fix the flip out issue. I like taking calls personally, I'd rather be a person than an emotionless robot.
                  This may or may not help you. Up until recently, I was a call centre employee, and I know where you are coming from.

For me, what ended up helping was that I like to crochet. I get very restless unless I constantly have something to do with my hands. My managers had no problems with me crocheting while I was working, because it did not cause me to be distracted and pay less attention to my customers.

I didn't realize how it was helping keep me calm until on a slower day I was speaking to a challenging customer. When the call ended, my coworker looked at me and said "I could never have guessed from your tone of voice, but I was watching your hands, and I could tell when that caller started getting under your skin."

So, if your supervisors don't mind, is there perhaps a hobby you enjoy that wouldn't distract you, but might help keep you calm? It could be doodling, origami, cutting paper snowflakes, or almost anything really. They key is that is needs to be something you can easily put down quickly when you need to type on the computer and such, as well as something that doesn't distract you. (I could never read between calls because the one time I tried it, I found myself getting annoyed at being interupted.)

I wish you the best of luck. I don't think it's a bad thing to care at all. Actually, it's probably because you do sound to your customers as if you sincerely care that these situations only occur every month or two.

Comment

I can't believe they are writing you up for that. Do they monitor or record your calls? Even unreasonable managers should see your courage under such customer BS. Especially the "I'm done with you" comment. Some people just need to have their asses kicked.

Nice victory though.

Comment

I agree with Call Centre Serf, I used to do number fill it ins, and when I got pissed at a customer, I could complete a full puzzle and never know it. I've seen people do hand held games, draw, color, make chain mail, pretty much any activity that doesn't reguire much attention. Using your hands can really help with your stress levels.

Comment

What I love is when someone you've dealt with in the past that you were not sucky and rude to calls back to complain that the last people that helped them botched the entire thing, was a rude idiot, insulted them, yadda yadda yadda and then you tell the status of the situation and slyly add in the fact that YOU are the same person they were just complaining about. Oh, I've shut up a few really welll, very effective if you withhold that tidbit of info till after they thank you for helping them unlike 'the other idiot'
                        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Working...
                        X