This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am sorry, but we still do not carry that

Got asked if we carried a particular item.

I politely told the man that no, we did not, but he may be able to find it at stores that specialize in appliances.

He wandered off, then came back about a half hour later to ask me again if we carried the item. ?????

An hour later, he was still wandering around asking folks (not all of which were employees) if we carried the item (swearing he'd seen it before, two years ago, back when we still carried it, somehow it was beyond his comprehension that in two years our stock could change).

Finally, we got it through to him that we did not have the item. That is when he started wandering around asking folks who did carry the item. They gave the same answer I did, he may be able to find it at stores that specialize in appliances or he can order it off the internet.

Not a good enough answer, he wanted us to call stores for him to find the item.

Half an hour later, after we got it through his head that we did not have a phone book and could not look it up on the internet for him, he left in a huff.

Only to come back today and repeat the process.

....maybe he has an uber bad memory. Like alzheimers or something.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      ....maybe he has an uber bad memory. Like alzheimers or something.
      If only, sadly I doubt that's the reason he did this. Being an idiot and an entitlement whore is usually the answer 99% of the time and the other 1% aren't allowed on their own.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Zyanya View Post
        (swearing he'd seen it before, two years ago, back when we still carried it, somehow it was beyond his comprehension that in two years our stock could change)
        God, I hate that. What a store did or did not carry in the past has nothing at all to do with what they carry NOW. As the saying goes "that was then and this is now." I don't care if you used to buy slash pockets here. We don't have them!

Of course, I'd be willing to bet that in the majority of cases, the customer is 1) lying, or 2) is thinking of a completely different store.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

[oldcoot] Damn it, now Sears put the roof on my house in 1965 and I demand that they put a new roof on it now as the old one has gone bad They did a great job, and I want that quality Sears craftsmanship. Don't give me that "we don't do that anymore" speil, this is Sears ain't it? [/oldcoot]

http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/roofers.asp

Comment

Working...
          X