Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For crying out loud - say something!!!

One of my pet peeves is when I call a person to inform them of changes in their service call and other than the "hello" they throw out when they answer - there is no other acknowledgement.

ME: I'm just calling to inform you that we had quoted an arrival time of 1:30 for your service. The station provided us with an arrival time that is closer to 2:00.

THEM: .......

ME: Hello?

THEM: .......

ME: Hello?

THEM: ......................... okay.

WOW! Man, did you have to look that up? Are you actually the terminator and had to check your data base for the appropriate response?
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

They probably think you are a recording!
    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

People who don't speak up get on my last nerve.
      What bugs me at my work is when people nod or shake their head instead of actually saying yes or no.
      If I look away for a fraction of a second or I dare blink as they give me their non-verbal response I then need to repeat my question, which usually comes with an answer of, "I already TOLD you! Yes/no!"

If only I was allowed to carry a tazer on me at work.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post

If only I was allowed to carry a tazer on me at work.
        Oh how I wish I could press a button on the phone and the douchenozzle on the other end gets zapped!
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

At my phone tech job, we invented a handy 'modem shocker' that would use the wireless signal to send a signal to spark the battery in the collar.... and management took it away! (NOTE: tech support near a electronics college = bad!)
          Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
          pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Working...
          X