This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth crazylegs View Post
    For some, yes, apparently the sizes in 'hookers r us' are specifically designed to shrink as soon as they are removed from the store.
    You'd be surprised what a big problem that actually is. Now, I have a short torso, but these days nearly all the women's shirts I buy get half their original length if you accidentally put them in the dryer. I have to wash them carefully and then hang them up to dry. Grr. I own several tanktops just so I can layer them under short shirts and add another six inches in length to the amount covered.

And low-rise jeans, augh. If there wasn't such a fad to wear tight jeans, muffin tops would finally be gone. Me, I have a pair of pants I absolutely adore, and they are huge. The only place the technically "fit" by store standards is at the hips. No muffin top, yay! And I wear them with a fitted t-shirt, and they look great. Baggy pants with a cute butt for the win.
    "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Baggy pants with a cute butt for the win.
      I vote "yes" on that look.

Normally, I don't like the look from Skanks 'R' Us. But, if the wearer is cute, female, and Asian ... I'll overlook just about any style of dress.

We have one child. A boy. The more I read about modern styles for girls, the happier I am about his gender.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
        We have one child. A boy. The more I read about modern styles for girls, the happier I am about his gender.
        Good luck with that.

According to what I see on the barely-20's that work at the same place I do, it's pretty much the same thing for both sides these days.

And I've never really seen that the whole fashion thing has ever overlooked guys; it's just different.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yeah, don't forget that fashion for boys that meant they had to wear baggy trousers with the crotch hanging by their knees... reminding me horribly of a toddler walking around with a poo filled nappy. X_x
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            Yeah, don't forget that fashion for boys that meant they had to wear baggy trousers with the crotch hanging by their knees... reminding me horribly of a toddler walking around with a poo filled nappy. X_x
            I have baggy pants, though, I did get them only for the baggyness in my legs, unfortunatley they were also a tiny bit too big around my waist, but while they hang slightly below the top of my hip, they aren't that low that the crotch is by my knees.

I am really skinny (32 inch waist) but I just liked those pants so much I decided to suffer having them slightly baggy.
            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I'm so glad I don't have to see or smell our customers...I just have to deal with their poor spelling / grammar & well-oiled sense of entitlement. That's ALMOST as much fun!
              The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                Good luck with that.

According to what I see on the barely-20's that work at the same place I do, it's pretty much the same thing for both sides these days.

And I've never really seen that the whole fashion thing has ever overlooked guys; it's just different.

^-.-^
                When I took historical costuming, it got to be kind of a joke with men's clothing, "not much change, a little variation in the necktie"! Now it's almost as bad as women's fashions. I have to say, I do prefer a nice fitting pair of Levi's to anything.

I just saw some guy walking around holding up his too baggy pants (well they were supposed to be shorts, but when they're down to your ankles, they're not shorts) by grabbing the crotchel area. I badly wanted to ask if he needed to go pee-pee.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  I just saw some guy walking around holding up his too baggy pants (well they were supposed to be shorts, but when they're down to your ankles, they're not shorts) by grabbing the crotchel area. I badly wanted to ask if he needed to go pee-pee.
                  Oh, yeah. I've often fought the urge to tell them where the nearest public restroom is.

And I have sometimes failed to resist the urge to point out that they walk like they have hemorrhoids.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X