This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When They KNOW the Truth...

...that you know nothing about. Yes, the caps were intended. That was the way she said it at the reference desk. Sometimes, a library can be a very interesting place.

The lady in question was asking about the Hall of Records beneath the Great Sphinx of Giza. This is madness. Nothing has ever been found there but, in this Lady's mind, it had to exist because she had done extensive research on the topic and we were KEEPING THE TRUTH FROM HER.

After talking to her, I discovered her 'extensive research' consisted of one article in Archaeology Magazine, a few bits and pieces from the 'Weekly World News', other fringe publications and her dreams.

Yes, dreams. The Lady was convinced that her dreams were solid research. If she dreamed about something, it must exist. If she knew it from her dreams, we must also know what she's talking about and, because I'm a pale person of Northern European heritage, I must be part of a conspiracy to deny her access to her true ancient African heritage.

[Cue the Twilight Zone Theme]

DOO da doo doo, DOO da doo da doo doo, DOO da doo doo DOO da doo doo, DOO da doo doo DUNG!

Presented for your consideration - a tale about the ancient world. A woman who KNOWS what is right when everyone around her doubts her story. Let us follow this intrepid woman as she enters into the hall of Records beneath the Sphinx and gets swallowed up forever in the void that is Pyramidiocy.
    Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Quoth LibraryLady View Post
    The Lady was convinced that her dreams were solid research. If she dreamed about something, it must exist.
    I wish the things I dream about would exist!

What a crazy lady!
    "Thank God for the idiots: but for them, the rest of us could not succeed." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I dreamed about flying space ships and little grey men. I wonder where the government is hiding them.

Oh wait, Maybe I just watched Star Gate <.< Seriously... Dreaming/watching tv does NOT mean it exists...
      MMO Addicts group

Comment

So according to that lady, I drive the black car from Mad Max and use a lightsabre to fight off marauding tribbles. Also my fiance is the rightful heir to the British throne, we've converted Buckingham Palace to a laser tag course, and gasoline is free because it can be made from poop.

edit: Oh and I also chase thieves on foot and do Chuck Norris-style roundhouse kicks to the head to knock them off their motorbikes.
        Last edited by edible_hat; 05-08-2008, 12:46 AM.

Comment

According to that woman,

Quoth Ric Flair
          I'm a limousine riding', jet flying', kiss stealing', wheeling' dealing' son of a gun.
          Yeah I dreamt that Ric Flair and I are great friends, a few times.

So also according to that woman, I am the owner of KITT
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

WOW.

Well, if that lady is right, I'm a hero. I've single-handedly saved the world on many occassions.

Once, I even saved my school from rampaging aliens by throwing rolls of toilet paper at them...for whatever reason, toilet paper rolls make aliens explode.

(Yes, I'm crazy, why do you ask?)
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Let's just hope she is not right about dreams being real.....because...... I always dream that I am running around nekkid. Scary thought that the world can really be subjected to *that*

Comment

And there are killer koala bears!
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

No fair, I can never remember my dreams.
                  How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Its a good thing that woman is wrong because I'd be a vampire super secret agent ninja pirate ace pilot with the ability to fly and stop time amongst other things

Comment

wow, our dreams are reality... that means that my secret crush at work and I have really... sweet...

oh yeah, and I live on the top floor of the American Towers in downtown with a view of the wasatch, I'm an important CPA with more money than I know what to do with and I can travel anywhere anytime I want thanks to my teleportation machine I had specially made and go back to any point in time with my custom made time machine...
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

If that's the case, then:
                        The green apple pig has sung the last teardrop.
                        Keanu Reeves is pregnant with my shoe-child.
                        My mother has elephant ears and a lion tail.
                        and I'm being eaten by zombies.
                        Right...... now.
                        "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
                        "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
                        X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

Comment

Well crap! I guess that means the Doctor isn't actually going to be cleaning my house and Mal Reynolds isn't fixing me dinner....or any of the other stuff they do for me.

Well, shit.

That sucks.

Comment

Ooooh... I kind of like the idea that she's right.

That means I can fly! Of course, I have to pretend to use planes and stuff and hide it because I'm also always being chased by Men in Black. They freak me out.

So do the vampires, for that matter.

Ok... maybe I'd prefer she were not right...

Although, I can always escape everything chasing me by swimming out past the big waves, even when they're waves of logs, to my island temple sanctuary.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Heh. I gotcha all beat.

I dreamed I was the G--D--- Batman.

(Bleeped cause it's funnier that way, for some reason)

Comment

Working...
                              X