Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that is true the house is actually filled with crazed murders and the house IS trying to eat me!
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      The Sinclairs moved everything out somewhere between 1441 and 1482 probably to Oak Island off Nova Scotia. But it wasn't the items from the Hall of Records, it was whatever the Templars brought back from the Temple of Soloman in Jerusalem. When the Templars were ordered arrested and executed by Phillip IV of France in 1307, they had been tipped off and took off with their treasure to La Rochelle. There, hundred of Knights and the treasure was loaded on to their ships and the sailed for Scotland. Where exactly they bearthed is not clear, it is likely exactly where the Bruce had been hiding. Like the Kintyre peninsula, maybe Jura or Islay, possibly even Scapa Flow in Orkney (a Sinclair holding). This is most likely what was hidden under Rosslyn, but, since nobody has been able to get into the chambers, it remains a mystery. And since nobody has been able to get into the Money Pit on Oak Island, what was hidden there remains a mystery as well.

Sorry, I can go on and on all day about the Templars and the Sinclairs (they are one of the clans that were part of Mary's Scots Guard in France, as was my clan).
      Now, now. Let's not confuse the issue with facts.

I have enjoyed reading many books about the Knights Templar, Henry Sinclair, Oak Island, etc. I find it to be a fascinating subject. But so far I've avoided the two National Treasure movies and the DaVinci Code.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Now, now. Let's not confuse the issue with facts.

I have enjoyed reading many books about the Knights Templar, Henry Sinclair, Oak Island, etc. I find it to be a fascinating subject. But so far I've avoided the two National Treasure movies and the DaVinci Code.
        When did I mention anything about "National Treasure" or the Da Vinci Code? This is from research that Steven Sora has done, not to mention the website for the Rosslyn Templars, the Knights Templar history website, the Rosslyn Chapel website itself....etc.

There is ample evidence that the Templars sought refuge in Scotland. Some you might know better as the Scottish Freemasons. And there are still Scottish Knights Templar orders in Scotland today.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          When did I mention anything about "National Treasure" or the Da Vinci Code? This is from research that Steven Sora has done, not to mention the website for the Rosslyn Templars, the Knights Templar history website, the Rosslyn Chapel website itself....etc.

There is ample evidence that the Templars sought refuge in Scotland. Some you might know better as the Scottish Freemasons. And there are still Scottish Knights Templar orders in Scotland today.
          True, you didn't mention the movies. I mentioned them because they were loosely based on some of the books about the Templars and their treasures. Robert Leigh (one of the authors of Holy Blood Holy Grail sued Dan Brown (author of The Da Vinci Code) for copyright infringement. One of the sequels to Holy Blood Holy Grail, The Temple and the Lodge, is a history of the Templars and the Masons. After reading that, I read several other books about the Templars: The Lost Treasure of the Knights Templar by Steven Sora, The Templars' Secret Island by Erling Haagensen and Henry Lincoln, and a couple of others whose titles escape me (I think one was about Oak Island.).

I have but haven't yet read Rosslyn: Guardian of the Secrets of the Holy Grail by Tim Wallace-Murphy and Marilyn Hopkins, The Sign and the Seal by Graham Hancock, The Sword and the Grail by Andrew Sinclair, Born in the Blood by John J. Robinson, Dungeon Fire and Sword also by John J. Robinson, and in the realm of fiction, Knights of the Black and White by Jack Whyte (I need to get the other volumes of this trilogy), and a collection of short stories about the Templars. I tend to buy books a lot faster than I read them.

I find the subject to be a fascinating one, and rarely come across anyone who is also fascinated by it.

Getting back on topic slightly, I also have awaiting my pleasure The Message of the Sphinx by Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval. A quick check of the index shows a few passages about the Hall of Records. They're also mentioned in The Great Pyramid Decoded by Peter Lemesurier.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

If my dreams were real:

1) I'd be still getting high often.

2) I'd still be waiting tables, while naked, and no one but me notices. People would still be ordering stuff that's not on our menu, and I'd have the whole restuarant as my "section". (I haven't waited tables in 4 years and I still have server dreams!)

3) My friend, who is not my boyfriend, would be "cheating" on me trying to make me jealous and I'd very unsuccessfully try kicking his ass.

4) I wouldn't be able to move very fast when I try to run.

Oh - and I too have had dreams where I am awake trying to get to sleep - that is a weird thing when you actually wake up.

I don't always remember my dreams - but I remember most of them.
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I find the subject to be a fascinating one, and rarely come across anyone who is also fascinated by it.
              I also have at least one ancestor who was a Templar, so I'm rather close to the subject!

Comment

Stuff about the DaVinci Code
                Let's not forget that, while page 2 of the Davinci Code says that all places, artwork, rituals, etc. are exactly as described, page 1 says it's a work of fiction and everything afterwards is made up.

And the bank where they get the puzzle cylinder thing from the safety deposit box doesn't even exist.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                  Let's not forget that, while page 2 of the Davinci Code says that all places, artwork, rituals, etc. are exactly as described, page 1 says it's a work of fiction and everything afterwards is made up.

And the bank where they get the puzzle cylinder thing from the safety deposit box doesn't even exist.
                  Not mention they weren't allowed to shoot in Westminster Abbey (it was actually Lincoln Cathedral). They're a little touchy about it even being mentioned in there!

Oh, and that first room that Langdon and Sophie go down into in Rosslyn Chapel? Doesn't exist. The stairway is there, but not the first room. Needless to say, there's no trap-door, either. The room that they do wind up in, the only thing that's in there is the stone with the weird-ass carvings on it! Oh, and a window, there's a window there, too.

Comment

Huh, so my mom really did die when I was in college and get put into a sarcophagus (speaking of Egyptology...) while I arranged her funeral from the financial aid office at my school. And here I thought we just had dinner yesterday...

That's sad...

I rarely remember dreams; when I do remember when I wake up they usually fade by the time I get out of the shower. That’s one of the very few I do remember clearly. Another was from when I was 7 and is a boring 7-year-old’s dream and the other is too weird to explain.

Quoth edible hat
                    use a lightsabre to fight off marauding tribbles.

Tribbles maraud? I thought they just... multiplied...

OT: Pablo has a stuffed tribble.

-------------------------

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    oh yeah, and I live on the top floor of the American Towers in downtown with a view of the wasatch, I'm an important CPA with more money than I know what to do with and I can travel anywhere anytime I want thanks to my teleportation machine I had specially made and go back to any point in time with my custom made time machine...
                    Will you marry me?

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                    and have obscene luck with anything lottery-related I touch.

No, wait, will you marry me?
                    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 05-13-2008, 01:29 AM.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      Will you marry me?

No, wait, will you marry me?
                      So.... you're easy, but not cheap?

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

On the sub-topic of lotto, I did actually win the lottery once. Sort of. I got 5 out of 6, no supplementaryes. It payed out $1,200 which is going towards my wedding. If I'd got a sup too it would have been 10 grand, and if I'd got all 6 it would have been $1.4 million.

Comment

Working...
                        X