This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why bowling allyes have so many balls

this happed years ago, while i was a mechanic at a bowling alley. i never actually met the sc's in question but i really would have liked to have been up front for this one. i wouldnt call them sucky perse but it was um interesting.

for the type of machine that i was working on (the house had brunswick2000 machines) it was not uncommon for a pin to fly off the pin wheel and make a loud noise. when this happens you just put the pin back in the machine and go on your way.

well one day i was sitting down in the back eating my lunch and i heard the infamous sound, but it wasnt stopping,

wham, thump thump, wham thump thump, and so on,

so i stick my head out of the room in back to see whats going on, it was a rather large house (60 lanes) and our room was located in the center per normal for bowls, and i look toward the lower end of the house and i see a whole bunch of balls on the ground.

so i get up and see whats going on thinking that the curtain had fallen or something but it still didnt explain the amount of balls that were on the floor. usually if someone doesnt get their ball back they will call the back and see what happend and send it back.

so i call up front and have them stop the machine till we can figure out what is going on with it. we fix it and they start it up again, it brakes again, finally we have them move to another set of lanes.

the front asks us what is going on i tell them about all the balls on the ground. they get curious and go to ask the customers why were there so many balls used.

the customers were from another country and had never been bowling before, apparently they thought the reason there were so many balls up front was that people would throw them through out the day and then at night we would send them back.

i guess the machine had been busted the whole time that they were bowling, cause they never saw one ball come back.

the track had stopped where it grabs the balls to make them go up the return at their end, the balls had been backed up all the way to the back of the lanes in the channel, up the ball wheel and thats where they were falling.
    "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

You'd think that maybe they'd see other people around them using the ball returns. But then again, people are remarkably unperceptive.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

yah you would think, i really would have liked to see the interaction though that must have been hard not to laugh at.
      "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Am I totally missing the suck here?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The suck is there its just hard to find because they made an honest mistake.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            Am I totally missing the suck here?
            Quoth queenbb View Post
            i wouldnt call them sucky perse but it was um interesting.
            From the OP's mouth. Geez, read a sign (kidding! I kid!)
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              From the OP's mouth. Geez, read a sign (kidding! I kid!)
              My bad.

Seriously, I read it once, closed the thread and read another. Came back, read it again, STILL didn't see it and then posted.

Am I sucktacular now?
              Unseen but seeing
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                Am I sucktacular now?
                No, you're just Becks. And human. Sadly, that last one's a permanent condition. Probably the first one too.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

yah they didnt suck really, but the real sucky part of the whole thing that i didnt mention was that those lanes were shut down for weeks while we got that part.

i always considered it amusing, i wonder what country they were from though,

btw this happend way back in 1995.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                    No, you're just Becks. And human. Sadly, that last one's a permanent condition. Probably the first one too.
                    Yep. I'm "special".

But in a good way, everyone hastens to assure me.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Heh, I always thought is was because people do like Adam Savage, drop the ball on concrete and get a goofy, manacle look when they realize they bounce.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

What I want to know is, where do all the pins come from? You knock them down, but the machine just sweeps them away and puts 10 new ones up!
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

lol,

years ago people use to do that, my dad did, he said well i was a pin setter and now my daughters a pin setter werid world.

Comment

Working...
                          X