This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghosts, Talking Phones, & Jimmy Kimmel

The customer’s husband just died and she thinks she has a ghost in her home that keeps ordering adult moves! She wants them removed now!

Email: I have had trouble talking with my phone since last October.

Email: "The best time for the appointment would be M-F (not including
    Wednesday, Thursday or Friday) and most Saturdays (not the 12th or 26th though)."

Email: I have a complaint about the content of the TV Guide Network. The Jimmy Kimmel Live program that is on at 7:00 or 8:00 p.m. is laced with profanity which is beeped out but you can clearly see what they're saying. The Flavor of Love comes on a bit later but is still totally disgusting. It's ridiculous to be subjected to all these offensive shows when all you want is a simple check of programming! It's like being assaulted every time you turn it on. I've started hitting the mute button, but we still have to see all kinds of risqué behavior.
    Last edited by Phone Jockey; 05-11-2008, 07:32 PM. Reason: added dividers
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Did the last guy ever consider turning the channel?
    It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

china...the woman freaking out about the TV Guide channel was upset that she couldn't get programming info (like in the TV Guide) w/o having to watch that stuff that's played on the top part of the screen. She just needs to buy a TV Guide & avoid all of the drama, but that would be WAY too easy.

Comment

Oh, I see, thanks!
        It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
          china...the woman freaking out about the TV Guide channel was upset that she couldn't get programming info (like in the TV Guide) w/o having to watch that stuff that's played on the top part of the screen. She just needs to buy a TV Guide & avoid all of the drama, but that would be WAY too easy.
          Have you seen a TV Guide recently? The only useful thing left is Cheers and Jeers (I wish I were kidding). In their desperate attempt to be come a really little magazine they seems to have completely forgotten about the tv part.

Actually, the Guide channel works better if you drop the volume so you aren't in danger of subtitles.

RE the lady who can't talk with her phone: how about couples therapy? Or maybe even speech therapy.

Comment

I don't know about cable companies in the US, but in Canada, Rogers allows you to check what's on other channels while watching any channel you want.
            You can surf by way of a little bar at the bottom of the screen that will show one channel at a time, or a picture-in-picture type deal where you show becomes a little box in the corner and you get a larger list of channels.

Or, you know, TVGuide.com if you don't want to buy one.
            Logic: it's grand, isn't it?

Comment

rerant...I'm not awaare of an option of checking programming while watching other channels. That's pretty neat.

bramble...I had not thought about couples therapy for the lady & her phone. BRILLIANT! Dr. Phil couldn't have said it better himself!

Last edited by Phone Jockey; 05-12-2008, 12:51 AM. Reason: Added goofy pic.

Comment

rerant...I'm not awaare of an option of checking programming while watching other channels. That's pretty neat.

You should try Direct TV. It has that option, which I love btw. I can be watching a show and just press the button for it. It is really useful.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

powerboy...unfortunately, I work for DirecTV's competition (cable) & get it free. Good to know that option is available though!

Comment

Whether you can check other channels depends, I believe, on whether you have a box or not. If you just have basic cable without a box, I think all you can do is check the rolling guide on the TV Guide channel.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                      You can surf by way of a little bar at the bottom of the screen that will show one channel at a time, or a picture-in-picture type deal where you show becomes a little box in the corner and you get a larger list of channels.
                      Depends on the cable company in the US.

Comcast has that bar and a interactive guide that can be accessed using the remote.

It rocks.

Cox does not have the surf bar or interactive guide.

In my opinion, this is the only thing Comcast does better than Cox.
                      Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Or hey, you can leave the TV off until there's something you know you want to see on. Turn it on, watch the show, turn it back off. If you have to constantly browse to be enticed into watching something........

Comment

I just use the "Entertainer" TV-guide type thingie out of the paper.

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
                          Depends on the cable company in the US.

Comcast has that bar and a interactive guide that can be accessed using the remote.
                          Only if you have digital with Comcast.
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                            Or hey, you can leave the TV off until there's something you know you want to see on. Turn it on, watch the show, turn it back off. If you have to constantly browse to be enticed into watching something........
                            or you could be my roommate who has never watched a show all the way through in her life... she likes to "browse" she'll watch a channel for about 5 minutes then switch, over and over... it's like, pick a channel and watch it

sorry bout the
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Or use a different online service such as Zap2It.com which I like, when they're not trying to 'improve' it.
                              Seph
                              Taur10
                              "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X