This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    or you could be my roommate who has never watched a show all the way through in her life... she likes to "browse" she'll watch a channel for about 5 minutes then switch, over and over... it's like, pick a channel and watch it
    Wow, I thought that was just a guy thing...

Cablevision has an info bar and you can use it to see what's on a different channel, but you can't go to a specific channel, you can only go up and down, or use the left and right buttons to see the previous/next time slot. If you press the info button again you get more info (synopsis, etc, but not much and often it gets cut off). Though if you find something you want you just hit the button in the middle and it'll go to that channe.

I usually use tvguide.com; I usually have my computer on, anyway and it's a lot easier than flipping up and down on the tv. My newspaper used to have a decent tv guide booklet, but they redesigned it and it's the size of a regular sheet of newsprint instead of an actual booklet. I don't bother with it anymore.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
      china...the woman freaking out about the TV Guide channel was upset that she couldn't get programming info (like in the TV Guide) w/o having to watch that stuff that's played on the top part of the screen. She just needs to buy a TV Guide & avoid all of the drama, but that would be WAY too easy.
      I haven't watched TV guide channel for since i got my TiVo. It comes in great during elections, just pause a program for 10 minutes when it stars and fast forward throe all the politicians and PAC's.

Comment

Working...
      X