Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I only help fill out forms that require ink not bodily fluids !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I only help fill out forms that require ink not bodily fluids !

Not really a sucky customer just the surreal request of the day. ETA - I have nothing whatsoever to do with anything medical.

I saw a customer who had told the receptionist he needed help filling out a form - "form" turned out to a bowel cancer test.

All written parts are completed, only a stool sample is needed. Needless to say I can't help client complete this. Then he said he couldn't understand the instructions could I explain.

Highlights of the conversation :

Me : So you use this to take a sample when you're on the toilet
    Him : You mean I put urine on it ?
    Me : Um, no. A stool sample. (realise client has NO understanding of this test) - much worse ! We're talking poo.
    Him : Oh !

Client : So I stick this *brandishes small stick* up my anus ?
    Me : No ! Not so far - all you need is to get a sample...

*sigh*
    Sometimes I wonder why I like my job.

I told him if he had further questions to go and ask the nurse at his GP practice. And told him I thought the tests were very important.

I think he was just clueless, I was a bit worried he was a pervert looking for reasons to discuss this kind of thing, but he didn't give of that sense. If he was he must have been disappointed - I am certified unembarrassable !

Victoria J

Wow! You really DO have a crappy job!

(OH! Like none of YOU were thinking of saying that!)

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

When I worked at the Crazy Clinic explaining in detail how to do that damn test was one of the more squirmy parts of the job, from explaining how to build a toilet paper nest on top of the tp seat just to crap on to get the sample to how much to smear in the little squares. Fun fun.
      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post

(OH! Like none of YOU were thinking of saying that!)
        I wasn't. I was thinking of visiting the toilet for a little digestive system in reverse action.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Next time perhaps you could draw him a diagram?
          I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
            Next time perhaps you could draw him a diagram?
            No ! The gestures were bad enough.

He was particularly confused because I don't think he understands where bowels are. He was saying "but that's my bottom, what's that got to do with my bowels ?" and I was trying to explain that stuff coming out your bottom has already been through the bowels...

I'll add that to my list of things I'd never thought I'd have to break to people (top place going not to a work incident but to inadvertently traumatising my baby sister by letting slip that *shock horror* Batman's parents are dead I am sworn never to discuss Superman with her, she wouldn't cope)

Victoria J

Comment

Ugh ::shudders:: Memories of working in a lab checking in all that stuff. Never again.

Comment

The clinic had an illustrated pamphlet you could give out showing the steps for collection/smearing as well. It still confused folks. How hard can it be to figure out?
                "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I think the last time I needed one of these I got the pamphlet. I think the nurse was to busy chatting with the x-ray techs to even bother with a patient.
                  Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~~ Thomas Edison

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
                    The clinic had an illustrated pamphlet you could give out showing the steps for collection/smearing as well. It still confused folks. How hard can it be to figure out?
                    Well, I guess some folks just can't find their ass with a map...

<Runs away!>
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                    X