This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its not my fault that you don't have enough money

Ok before I start I should probably tell you that I work in greggs (a bakery). Anyway It was around lunch time and I'm serving at the till and this conversation happens.

Me: Can I help you.
    SC: (Tells me what he has)
    Me: Ok that will be 90p please
    SC: What you dont even have a sign telling the price I only have 75p
    Me: Well i could get you (something else that costs less)
    SC: (while walking back to the counter) You need to get your F***ing signs fixed

So he leaves without buying anything.
    About 5 minutes later when it was quite I checked the cabinet and found that we did infact have a sign up with the price on it right infront of what he had wanted. And if he had taken 2 seconds to look he would have seen it.

So, you've got a very small amount of money, and you waltz into some store and buy something before you know the price? Moron.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth wierd View Post
      And if he had taken 2 seconds to look he would have seen it.
      Ah yes but this requires reading, which as we all know SC's are incapable of.

Comment

And if he had taken 2 seconds to look he would have seen it.
        You do realize you're expecting an awful lot, there, don't you?
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

SCs read what they want to. Had he seen the sign, he would've read "75p".
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Now I have always used a very disarming question, which goes something like this:

"I am really hungry, but I am dead broke, what can I get for 75p please?"

It's amazing how many times a salesperson, has been so surprised at the humour of the situation that I have been given a sandwich for 75p that is so close to the official description of a 99p sandwich that just one single extra slice of cucumber would have cost me 24p....

Comment

I'm usually pretty anal about my till. If someone is short a few cents, it's too bad because I don't carry change on my person and taking from the till is technically stealing. But if you're nice, I'll consider being nice back and helping you out with the few pennies that are always lying around. Unless you're an idiot. I've had people tell me they didn't have the 20 cents for tax, they forgot about the tax and could I "help them out". Err, no. That or they'll be a buck or two short and look at me blankly, "well, what should I do" as if they're waiting for me to offer something for free. Well, maybe you shouldn't get that then.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

The following dialogue between a guest came to the hotel for wedding, and the night manager:

Woman: I am here for the wedding and I need to get my car.
                Night Manager: You need to go to the garage and pay the attendant down there in order to get your car.
                Woman: I came for the wedding, I am one of those guests, and I am supposed to have the parking validated.
                Night Manager: There is no free parking for anyone in the hotel not even guests, everyone pays for parking.
                Woman: I dont have any money.
                Night Manager: Ma'am you are living in San Francisco, you are suppose to have money.

It is astonishing to see people would to try anything not to pay for anything

Comment

Not everyplace has the prices stated everywhere in the store. This one business I go too, is like that. But they should atleast ask what the price is with the total or what not. So yeah, (s)he was sucky
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                    Ah yes but this requires reading, which as we all know SC's are incapable of.
                    Pretty much the exact same thing a coworker poined out when I told her about it.

Comment

welcome to the board!
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

A few more seconds and he could've seen the sign, but that's his own fault he didn't see it. Moron.
                        BTW weird, to !!!
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

How much is 90p? Like cents?

Comment

In defense of the San Francisco lady . . .if the wedding invite didn't state you will have to pay for parking . . .and the lady isn't used to San Francisco I could see not having any cash at a wedding.

I have gone to formal occassion before where it was an open bar . . .so I didn't carry cash. Those little evening bags only have so much room in them. Therefore you limit what you take with you. I don't leave money in my car as I have a soft top and well it would just be way to easy to take if I did.

Comment

Quoth wierd View Post
                              SC: (while walking back to the counter) You need to get your F***ing signs fixed

Right there, once that language came into the picture, I would have told him to have a nice day. I'm still not certain why customers think this is appropriate and will help them when they are actually in the wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X