Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cousin took me to wally world and put the 3ds on Layaway. So I put the Y version on layaway with it. Should have it by the Dec 13th. Hopefully will still be able to get Torchic still.

If anybody knows about the special Torchic release, do I have to be at a gamestop to receive it? I heard it will be available until Jan sometime, anybody know if this is true?

Edit: Nevermind, I've found out that all I need is an internet connection (which I have), and it will be available until Jan 15. As soon as I get my friend code I will post it here. Anybody who has posted a friend code mind if I add them?
    Last edited by Mytical; 10-28-2013, 04:07 PM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Also, I will be up for being a 'trade depot'. What that means is. If you want to have all three starters..and don't mind restarting your game..I will have 'trade fodder' available. Which means you trade me the starter for some low level critter, you restart get to where you can trade again, and get your starter back for some trade fodder. If you have some way of trading other pokemon from older games, I will be doing the same thing. This helps me fill up my pokedex, and helps you by letting you get your pokemon transferred by somebody who won't bork you.

Edit: I also am very patient, so if you have hundreds of pokemon to transfer..you won't have to worry that I will get bored. I'll be willing to trade as many as you want/need.
      Last edited by Mytical; 10-28-2013, 04:23 PM.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Myt - breeding. Breeding is awesome. Circumvents needing to have to restart for each starter. I'm walking around with a bajillion starters right now due to me being a little psycho when it comes to eggs. If you need one, let me know.

Also there is no current way to transfer older game pokemon to the X/Y ones, until the Pokemon Bank service opens in December.
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I could use a set of starters, both the X/Y starters, and the classic (Bulbasaur and Squirtle).

I went Fire across the board (Fenniken, Charmander, Torchic), so I need the other types. I'm doubly screwed since all the ones I got were male and I haven't gotten to any Dittos yet.

Found 3 Amber's in the Glittering Cave and got 3 male Aerodactyls for my efforts too.

Comment

Ok..I am a bit confused (nothing new). In order to breed a starter, don't you need a starter to breed? Or am I missing something?

I am not sure when I will get to start playing it (it being in layaway and my cousin being a bit .. odd sometimes), but if anybody comes across a good Dark/Ghost (I prefer the one called Sableeye (?)) and don't want to use it, keep it for me? Eevees are easy to come across so won't need that to fill my pokedex, and Ditto can be found in this version also (just not sure where) so breeding won't be too hard. I might take you up on the offer of the starters (when I can), so I can breed a few and level them. ((Spoilers below..minor ones, but just so you know))

I've watched a few youtube shows about pokemon X and Y. Leveling can be easy. With pokemon amie you can get bonus to exp (not sure how much), then exp share gives all non participating pokemon 50% of exp. O-powers can get you up to 100% (easier if others give you this then if you try to give it to yourself). If you traded a pokemon, there is another 50%, and if you get a lucky egg you can get even more exp.

Comment

IIRC Ditto can be found in Pokémon Village, which I think is a long, long way away from where I currently am (Geosenge) considering it's right close to the hometown...
              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

My FC: 3136-6930-2433

I have a lot of older pokemon that I plan to bring over to my game when the Bank/Transfer opens up, and I know I have a Sableeye somewhere in that collection. I have no idea if it can be found in XY; when I'm able to transfer them in, Sableeye's yours if you haven't found one by then. I also have a Ditto or three.
                Last edited by Dreamstalker; 10-30-2013, 06:42 PM.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Ok I don't know much about Pokemon..I've played many of the games but never really got into the 'science' of it. Looking to build my end game team (not counting legendaries or starters yet.). Anybody want to help me with typing help and species help?

For instance I definitely want a Dark/Ghost because it resists a LOT. I know my team will need a water to get around (Surf, Waterfall). What type goes good with water to reduce the weaknesses water has? What species would have those types? (I've tried to figure it out with Bulbapedia but can not figure this out). Fighting (rock break/Strength). Something that can use cut..and the rest I am open to suggestions.

Comment

Right, giving my FC to add to the list and going to add everyone here.

(More FC=More friend safari!)

2363-5780-7116

Comment

Quoth Ellf View Post

2363-5780-7116
                      Also, more O-Powers (Once you activate them in game). O-Powers can do just about everything. Increase capture rate, increase stats, increase experience, etc. Soon as I get the game I will put my friend code. By then most of you will have it beat and bored of it though *laughs*

Comment

Quoth Ellf View Post

2363-5780-7116
                        Added! Friend safari goodness (hoping for fire or something cool)
                        As soon as I start thinking
                        That I'm sensible and sane
                        The Random Hedgehog comes along
                        And fiddles with my Brain
                        (from card I got)

Comment

Hope I'm not too late to share my code: 0903-3372-5385

I'm in endgame breeding and evolving from catch availabilities in current gen, if you have something you want there's a decent change I have it.
                          Irish so I get the meadow vivillion, if someone is missing it.
                          Added those who posted

Comment

Since I have both a regular DS and a Game boy advance (no .. really I still have one)..how I wish I could get a copy of Red or Blue. However, for some reason there are people trying to get $400 for either. No.. really. Don't need it that bad.

Anyhow about the Pokemon Bank. There is supposed to be a yearly charge for it, so just keep that in mind.

Comment

5 bucks a year charge. Not that bad.

Comment

I now have a box-half-full of actively Pokérus-infested Garden pattern Vivillons! I want your local region's pattern in exchange if you're interested. I'm online 7-11pm GMT. I shall be adding more Friend Codes tonight.

Quoth Mytical View Post

1.For instance I definitely want a Dark/Ghost because it resists a LOT.
                                2. I know my team will need a water to get around (Surf, Waterfall). What type goes good with water to reduce the weaknesses water has? What species would have those types?
                                3. (I've tried to figure it out with Bulbapedia but can not figure this out).
                                4. Fighting (rock break/Strength). Something that can use cut..and the rest I am open to suggestions.
                                1. There are only two Dark/Ghost pokémon, Sableye and Spiritomb. They may be hard to acquire, and while they may be resistant there is the possibility of just a physical beatdown.
                                2. Gastrodon! Gazzie is Water/Ground and cannot be shocked by Electric. It is also one of my favourite Water pokémon ^^ At first, though, getting any water type will be needed as Gym 2 is Rock. Unless you pick Froakie as your starter, you'll have to catch one. I have a Ducklett that I trained up once I realised what the gym was. My major water pokémon, however, will be the Lapras you get given on Route 12.
                                3. Try Serebii.net. It's not in Wiki format and explains things a bit more thoroughly. Once you get the hang of it Bulbapedia is useful for fast non-indepth info. Serebii also has a bloody good XY type chart.
                                4. I've found Fighting always a bit meh, but there is a new Fighting/Flying pokémon that is piquing my interest. HMs are still abound, and you have two choices: HM slaves like Bidoof, or sharing them round your party. There is a new Steel/Ghost pokémon called Honedge that is, literally, a sword. I couldn't resist teaching him Cut

Now it's all well and good deciding on your perfect Elite Four smooshing party, but you will need other Pokémon to get you to that point. A lot of the good ones won't be caught until much later on. So my advice would be: keep your ideal party in mind and look up where to catch them/their unevolved form, but work from your starter and train up a bunch of what you need. You'll want a flier eventually, a fire type, a water type, a hitter, a status effecter...etc. Fill your boxes with pokémon from every route, because then you can sort through them and pick a few that have the types and moves you want, like my Ducklett above. You don't always need to just train six; in White I ended up with a common repertoire of about 10 or 11, including all the HMs, and I just switched them around as needed.
                                Last edited by SongsOfDragons; 11-01-2013, 10:41 AM.
                                "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Working...
                                X