X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my bunnies passed away today

My Rabbit, Doomy.

She was a mix of Silver Fox father and Lionhead mother. She looked like she stole David Bowie's hair from 'Labyrinth.' She was about a year and a half old.

We put her out in the yard in a movable cage to get exercise and eat some grass. She was jumping around, having fun, then decided to get a running start and try to climb the side of the 4-ft fencing. She hung for a while before dropping back, but only tried it a few times. There was another piece of fence over the top so she couldn't actually climb out. Non of our rabbits have ever tried to climb a fence like this.

She was outside for a few hours while we ran errands. When we got back we went to put her in her cage for the night. She was gone. Probably for an hour or more. The ground wasn't disturbed, so we think she might have been on the fence again, then tried to backflip and landed on her head. Her neck was definitely broken, and she was a good 10lb rabbit.

She was such a derpy rabbit that loved to climb up the back of the couch and look out the window. She had beautiful babies. She would look at us when we called her and cock her head with one ear down in an ultimate DERP look. We wanted to try breeding a line of little punk bunnies out of her. But she was also very stubborn, so I can see why she just wouldn't quit trying to climb that fence; she could have very easily dug underneath.

She was just a funny, demanding rabbit with a heap of personality.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

I'm so sorry

Comment

*hugs you* Prayers sent for you and your family too (bunny and human). <3
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Aw, poor bunny. She sounds like quite the character. I'm sorry for your loss.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm sorry. It's always hard to lose anyone you love.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            It's always hard to lose anyone you love.
            Indeed. That's why I get so pissed at people that say it was just a pet. Just because they're so damn heartless doesn't mean the rest of have to be. The loss of someone you love always hurts, whether they had two legs or four.

Comment

sorry to hear that Lily My boy, Peanut & my baby girl Gizmo are keeping her company on the other side ((HUGS))
              "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Working...
              X