Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish I'd gotten a picture or some video of that...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish I'd gotten a picture or some video of that...

...east of me, there was a huge lightning storm just now. I couldn't see the bolts themselves because there are too many houses in the way, but there were at least 15 flashes in a period of 5 minutes. It was actually kind of terrifying.

And it's supposed to be rainy all week, apparently. How's the weather for everyone else?
    Last edited by firecat88; 07-28-2014, 03:44 AM.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Hot, Hot, and uhhhh whats the opposite of cold? Oh yeah HOT!!! I hate Florida in the summer when we have no A/C
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

stormy humid and ok other than the rain

Comment

Way too bloody hot. Of course, I define anything over 80F as "too hot", 90s is "way too hot".

We're looking at right around 100F for several days yet. Lows in the mid-60s, which for a coastal girl is a perfectly reasonable HIGH temp for the day.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

We just got a bit of rain, with a fair bit of wind and lightning (almost all cloud to cloud) and thunder. Aside from that and I expect it to return to daytime temps hitting 104-108 degrees Fahrenheit, which is about par of this time of year.

...But it's a dry heat! ... right, so stepping outside is akin to stepping into a blast furnace. I still don't understand how that's supposed to be better than a sauna. Though I think we got JUST enough rain that tomorrow is going to be that sauna, so maybe I can figure it out.

Last time we had rain clouds roll through, I saw the neatest cloud to cloud lightning. It arced down under the cloud deck, then back up to hit the clouds from underneath, then split and each one arced down then back into the clouds again. Put me in mind of festive bunting hung from a ceiling.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
            Of course, I define anything over 80F as "too hot", 90s is "way too hot".
            Amen to that. We have had a heatwave for the last couple of weeks, temperatures in daytime around 30 C (87 F). I can't sleep properly and have no AC, it isn't usually necessary here.

Comment

Hot. Hot enough we are leaving windows open as much as we can so our first floor flat doesn't become/stay a sauna....

Had a few storms and lightning lately, and finally its cooled down a bit with the breeze so I'm almost considering a jumper for a bit at 9am in the morning!
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

What's the next category beyond "hot" ? We're bordering on the "stay inside unless you NEED to go outside" heat-index region during the day. I've had my A/C (well, window unit) set on something like 81F overnight to save a little cash, and just have a fan blowing on me...and it STILL kicked in during the night.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Bright and sunny, 64F/18C, nice breeze, air fresh and clean from a shower yesterday. In other words, as perfect as it gets.

(Ducks and runs from those not living in Wisconsin today. See Irv's Mother Nature thread to appreciate how much we deserve this. )

Comment

It's a wonderful, sunny 105F/40C in Phoenix today, and we're expecting an overnight low of 86F/30C. Absolutely glorious weather, since we were hitting 115 last week, and... how to describe... well here, have an article and some video clips of my neighborhood. It's been an interesting weekend, weather-wise!

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/D...268787451.html

Comment

Currently high 60's. The high tomorrow is supposed to be around 70. It's been raining.

I don't mind. AS LONG AS IT'S NOT SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Pretty nice, right now. That polar vortex that made it so damn cold this past winter is back, making summer a nice mid-70s. Thank you, Canadians, for finally getting the timing down for sending down the cool weather!
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Air-conditioning doesn't come as standard in Finnish apartments. That's logical, isn't it - Finland is supposed to be a cold country.

There's just one problem. In summer, the sun might not get particularly high in the sky, but it *stays* up for an incredibly long time. We also benefit from the Gulf Stream nearly as much as the UK does, even though the current zone itself ends hundreds of miles away. This leads to surprisingly warm temperatures.

I do not like it when the *inside* temperature reaches 32°C with the windows open.

Comment

Working...
                          X