This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Vile Woman--Reborn!!! (???)

So as I'm waking up on this third morning of my vacation, I get an odd test from my coworker, Curly Sue. Merely a link to a video and the cryptic comment "Enjoy!" Curious, since Curly Sue is not one to send such things willy nilly, I follow the link to the video...which, as it turns out, is a testimonial from That Vile Woman (aka My Worst Girlfriend Ever) about how Jesus has changed her life at Big Megachurch, how she was down and out and in the worst places in her life, went to jail, lost her kids, etc, but NOW it's all changing for the better.

Yes, this is the same con woman that played me and many others when she was in Key West, and went to jail for embezzlement from one of her jobs. (In the church testimonial video, she does not say why she went to jail.)

My very first reaction was to mentally scream "ACTRESS!" Because the woman I knew was without question an accomplished actress and con woman, deceptive and thieving through and through.

My second reaction might surprise you. Because I thought, "Well, if she really did turn her life around, good for her." I may be a vindictive little shit--correction, I AM a vindictive little shit--but many people have done bad things and turned their lives around for the better. Who am I to judge? For all I know, this may be sincere, and it may not be yet another con job to, say, impress a judge, get her kids back, whatever.

Now, I'm not saying I'm ready to leave my wallet laying around within ten miles of her. Hell, I'm not ready to BE within ten miles of her. Changed or not, this is still the woman that caused much pain to people I care about. She may have found forgiveness in God, but I'm not so quick to wash someone of their past sins.

She may be sincere. It could be a con job. Heck, she may be sincere in her thoughts that she's changing, but she may be conning herself. A lot of people can and do change. Most do not.

So if she has turned the corner and is striving to become a better person than the woman I knew, as I said, good for her. But don't color me surprised if I hear she's gone to jail yet again for something devious and deceptive. Cheetah. Spots. You know.

Was good for a morning laugh, if nothing else.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Kinda reminds me of the woman in that old Hitchcock flick "The Final Escape". Watch it. The ending will really mess with your head.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I hope for the best in people too, but as you pointed out... old habits die hard.

The last person with a very checkered history (fired for stealing from his employers, twice) who pulled the "I found Jesus, I'm a good man now!" speech in front of me, was arrested within the month.

For stealing.

That's three times, for those of you keeping score.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I'm not surprised Jester's both skeptical (because, as a veteran of life and alcohol, I'm sure he's got some cynical bones in him) but also of the mind "hey, if she's legit, good for her," because that's Jester in a nutshell. He knows how people are, but he's also a self-admitted "positive outlook" guy.

If I'd been in Jester's shoes, I'd probably also be of the same mind as him: skeptical but well-wishing, with the stated "just stay the hell away from me" approach. Because just because she's found religion, and just because God Forgives, doesn't mean that I would.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm that way too. Do I believe in second chances? Sure.... with second EMPLOYERS, second SPOUSES, second well, you get the idea.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            But don't color me surprised if I hear she's gone to jail yet again for something devious and deceptive. Cheetah. Spots. You know.
            I too will somehow not be surprised.
            For her sake I hope that last jail stint was hitting bottom to get her act together--but like my psycho ex-gf, I have a hard time being optimistic.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I look at it this way: It's God's (deity of your choice) job to forgive. Not necessarily mine. I'm not a divinity and my powers of forgiveness are finite, for my own protection (and that of the people I care about).
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                I'm not a divinity and my powers of forgiveness are finite, for my own protection (and that of the people I care about).
                I'd just like to say, that, was beautiful.

Comment

Brings to mind a line from a country song (IIRC, "Little Rock" - note that there are at least 2 VERY different songs by this title, the line is from the one with a male singer).

Jesus may forgive, but a daddy don't forget.

I'd say that Jester's ex has probably turned her life around 360 degrees.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    If I'd been in Jester's shoes, I'd probably also be of the same mind as him: skeptical but well-wishing...
                    I'm a good guy, but you're giving me too much credit here. I do NOT wish her well. At all. Period. My memory is fresh and my vindictive streak burns as hot and powerful as a Saturn V rocket. I do not wish this harpy well at all.

What I did say was that if she actually has changed her life around, well, good. She should have a while ago, and if she did now, good. But don't expect me to pat her on he he back or add her to my Christmas card list.

Because just because she's found religion, and just because God Forgives, doesn't mean that I would.
                    Or to paraphrase another saying, Jesus loves her, but the rest of us think she's an asshole.

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                    For her sake I hope that last jail stint was hitting bottom to get her act together--but like my psycho ex-gf, I have a hard time being optimistic.
                    Not stint....STINTS. Arrested at least once before I ever met her, in her home state. Arrested down here and spent six weeks in jail for felony embezzlement. Re-arrested and spent another three weeks in jail for violation of the probation resulting from the embezzlement charge. Arrested in her home state last year for a minor theft charge, which would have resulted in only a day or less in jail, but unfortunately for her, she had somehow violated her probation down here again (my guess is she stopped paying restitution, which was what cased her re-arrest down here), so bells and whistles went off in her home state, and she was extradited down here as a "fugitive from justic" and spent a bunch more weeks in jail as her case worked it's way through the system down here.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      I'm a good guy, but you're giving me too much credit here. I do NOT wish her well. At all. Period. My memory is fresh and my vindictive streak burns as hot and powerful as a Saturn V rocket. I do not wish this harpy well at all.
                      I think I phrased it badly. I didn't mean "well-wishing" in that "you wish her well," because the fact you still refer to her as That Vile Woman says a lot.

I meant "well-wishing" in that "hey, good on you, I guess, just stay the fuck out of my life."
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I think I phrased it badly.
                        You phrased it just fine.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Brings to mind a line from a country song (IIRC, "Little Rock" - note that there are at least 2 VERY different songs by this title, the line is from the one with a male singer).
                          yup Collin Raye-I have that cd knocking around somewhere.
                          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                          X