Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behind the Counter: Adventures in Dispensing. Episode III.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, ya do what you gotta do If you need your meds, you need your meds, it's as simple as that.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yep very true, I know it sounds terrible, but without my pain meds I don't function 100%...migraines suck donkey balls

we're pretty fortunate that our normal pharmacy allows controls refilled 3 days in advance, ie. day 27, the owner/pharmacist is a guy that used to work for Aide Of Right (long before I moved here the folks had their 'scripts filled there) & he's friendly with the folks, well, Aide Of Right apparently screwed him over somehow, I forget how (forgive me, I'm old!) anyhow after he & a bunch of techs got fired, he opened his own place & he remembered the folks so he gave 'em a ring to let them know he would be glad to have their business at the new place so they transferred all their 'scripts to U Save It
      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        and discovered that 20mg L pills were $10 for 90.
        Just curious, but why would anyone need a prescription for more than one L pill?

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
        They get caught when a patient brings the wrong script to the pharmacy, and the pharmacist narcs to the Medical Board or the DEA.
        Was that pun intentional?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
          Now, I don't do that on a regular basis so put down the pitchforks, I only do that if I am COMPLETELY out of my pain meds
          No pitchforks, lots of doctors do this. It's not legal though, and they risk losing their prescription rights for opiates if they get caught. The DEA has been cracking down lately.

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Was that pun intentional?
          I'll never tell
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
            Well it looks like this time at least was a false alarm. It's still less than 5 bucks for a bottle of 90 of lisinopril at the wholesale level, and less than 15 for enalapril, so you can relax. For now.
            OK, now you can stop relaxing. Took a while, but here it is.

Enalapril 20mg is now up to $56.00 per 100 tablets at the wholesale level. We used to pay about 15 dollars for this, but Ranbaxy and Par discontinued production, so Teva and Wockhardt have jacked up the price on theirs. Supply and demand, folks. Decrease the supply, keep the demand the same, price goes up.

Oh, and brand name Vasotec, if you're insane enough to pay for it, is now $1,642.92 per 90 tabs.

Lisinopril's still cheap, though.

Comment

I'm so glad that 50 trammies will last me months. I don't mind seeing my doc to get a new 'script--I really like him and he needs to keep up on my condition anyway--but it does cost me to see him and I don't have a valid health saving account this year.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                Well, I am going to rework the apple chili recipe by removing the added sugar, swapping out half the apples for diced pumpkin, using extra tart cooking apples and cubes of beef instead of ground bison .. and I still say it is not chili, it is a mock medieval meat pie filling.
                I posted something like that on twitter and my friends actually defended the recipe-changers! I love my friends, but sometimes they lack critical thinking skills.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                X