This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butt mites!

Right now I am doing an internship in an outpatient PT clinic. Had a patient the other day who needed e-stim on his lower back. I had to get the pads below the SI joints; basically on his cheeks.

So I put my hand down his pants, slapped on the electrode, pulled it back and there was some sort of mite crawling on my bare hand!

He was an agricultural worker and came in after work, so I'm sure it's just something that hitched a ride on his clothing when he was out in the field and not an indication of his general hygiene, but still. Butt mites. Eewwwwww....
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

You sure it wasn't a bed bug? We have them bad in this area and of course no one ever warns us they have them. *shudder*

I do love those electrode thingies, though. Slap 'em on my low back and cover with a heating pad and it's pure bliss.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
      You sure it wasn't a bed bug? We have them bad in this area and of course no one ever warns us they have them. *shudder*
      Working in hotels, I've been well-trained on looking for bed bugs and this wasn't one. It was some sort of mite. Like I said, probably picked up in the field he was working in. Still, not something I want to find crawling on my hand like that!
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

We now present "The Mitey Booty"! Miley, take it away!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          We now present "The Mitey Booty"! Miley, take it away!
          And now my ribs are hurting me....
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
          X