This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have I gotten myself into?

Hi there on wonderful board of venting and commiseration!

After my first year of self-employment I have returned to post occasionally. It'll mostly be about brides, bridesmaids and wedding attire in general. Because that's what I do (for now), gown alterations.

I'm surprised there would be any sucky customers in that, planning for the happiest day of your life to date everyone should be exuding love and cheerfulness.*

*extreme sarcasm
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Ha! NC, I took the you seriously until I got to the last 4 words and it dawned on me you didn't mean that.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

And normally there's some poor groom around thinking 'She's only like this because she wants the wedding to be perfect...afterwards she'll be an absolute sweetheart..... I hope...dear God I hope'...
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

If I ever get married I won't care if anything goes a little wrong. I'm too old for the Perfect Dream Wedding and old enough to know it's about the marriage, not the event.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            If I ever get married I won't care if anything goes a little wrong.
            Things will go wrong with the wedding, you can count on it. We had a horrible organist and the cake was still mostly frozen. I've been to weddings where the cake collapsed, the bride's dress was horribly wrinkled, the ring-bearer was frozen with stage fright, the DJ played some rather inappropriate songs*, you name it (nothing seriously bad, thankfully). Going Bridezilla will only make things worse and make you look awful. Keeping a sense of humor and treating the mishaps like amusing happenings will smooth things over and keep everyone happy.

*"All My Exes Live In Texas" is not really appropriate when the bride and/or groom has been married before.
            Last edited by XCashier; 05-16-2015, 02:58 PM.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

One thing that happened with a friend's wedding - there was a power failure the night before. Naturally, that left the bride and bridesmaids without the ability to use a hair dryer. Does wedding planning need to include rental of a portable generator?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I remember a girl in the office where I used to work - there was torrential rain for several days before her wedding, and the night before the big day, the church was flooded.

Due to a superhuman effort by the verger, churchwardens and other volunteers, the floor was dry and clean by the time Sue walked up the aisle, even if there was no carpet to walk upon. When they paid the church fees, they gave a donation as well to say thank you for what the people had done.
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  One thing that happened with a friend's wedding - there was a power failure the night before. Naturally, that left the bride and bridesmaids without the ability to use a hair dryer. Does wedding planning need to include rental of a portable generator?
                  Would not be a problem for me. All I need is a spray bottle with water and curlers. I wear them overnight. It makes for a longer-lasting hairstyle anyway. But no power might cause some problems, yeah.

Comment

All I need is the girl. And hell if we have to swim down the aisle to get to the wedding or be hopping down the aisle on a leg in plaster,well at least we'll have a memorable day to tell everyone else about....
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      ... have to swim ... or be hopping ...
                      The kiss is *supposed* to make you a prince!
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Ahahahaha! Most recently it's been women with enhanced anatomy not understanding how gravity works. Or that as a seamstress I am still beholden to the laws of physics.

Comment

Hope you don't encounter the situation another user here did, where a woman got her anatomy enhanced between the fitting of the "mockup" and the preparation of the final product - and was pissed off that the final product didn't fit properly. Not only that, she demanded that the user not tell anyone that she had received an enhancement - as if her friends wouldn't spot the difference.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Isn't the whole point of...er..."enhancement" (regardless of gender) to GET people to notice? At least, when it's done for purely cosmetic reasons?
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              ... as if her friends wouldn't spot the difference.
                              *What* friends?
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X