This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Alway Right Delays

For the past few days the Not Allways Right web site has taken several minutes to load. Has anyone else noticed this?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Yep. It gets there in the end so I just work my way through archives of a couple of web comics I've been meaning to read while each page loads.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I haven't had that problem, but they had had comments unavailable for a couple of days.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

I would imagine that this weekend is likely their busiest time of the year.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It's nice and quick to load for me. Maybe they fixed whatever was having trouble on the server (gave the poor server hamster an extra treat)

Comment

Just had it up less than two minutes ago. No problems at all.

Comment

I timed NAR just now. It took 45 seconds to load. It used to be almost instantaneous.

The delays came from NAR accessing two web sites:

stats.wp.cpm (Word Press which they apparently used to write their web page.)

cdn.notalwaysright.com

Maybe if someone from NAR reads this they can look into the issue.

Comment

I'm having trouble with it, too, but it might be related to my router problem, because I'm having it happen on several other websites, too.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Whatever caused the delay appears to have been fixed. NAR is loading quickly again.

Comment

I'm totally hooked on that page now thanks to it being mentioned here. Sigh.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I did not have delays at any point, and I tend to binge on NAR.

Digression: I've got one recent comment that's passed 60 upvotes and might break 100 eventually. Looking through my comment list a while back, I realized that there was a "simple" pattern to those of my comments that passed 100: Get in early, and say what everyone else is thinking.

Comment

Working...
                      X