Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
    At least it's not 3:00 am. In my old complex there was this lady below us who would do that.
    Sounds like the woman next to my first Chicago apartment. She would pound a on our common wall and scream nonsense at all hours of the night. The rental company just let her lease lapse.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Food Lady, this is exactly why cheap gyms exist, he really needs to join one.

Comment

• I really thought you were the good neighbors but it's 1:21 and YOU KEEP SLAMMING THE DOOR!!! Knock it off!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Annnnnd it's you again. It's 10:19 pm and I don't know what that is over there but it sounds like Godzilla is in your living room. I really don't want to call the cops on you because a) you'll know it's me since we all know Blondie is too skittish even though she's right below you and b) you're usually fine, nary a peep plus, it kind of sounds like it's coming from below me and I know they have games, too. Well, the police will figure it out because management's never here when any of you do this stuff.
          Last edited by Food Lady; 01-20-2019, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• I guess I won't have people over anymore. My friend paid to get a movie and I'm sure Godzilla will ruin it for us.

Comment

• Go up to his door, knock, and tell him to KEEP THE FUCKING NOISE DOWN. Bring your friends as backup.

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                Go up to his door, knock, and tell him to KEEP THE FUCKING NOISE DOWN. Bring your friends as backup.
                No to the language, no to knocking on the door of some dude I don't know, and no to bringing my girlfriends with me. I keep it up with management and eventually the bad neighbors get sick of being told and move out, often before the lease is up. It was quiet from 7 until now (10:45) when they started up again. Totally unacceptable; the quiet hours are from 10 until 8. I just called the non-emergency police line. I wonder if management will ever get tired of me calling all the time and then start renting to better tenants. UPDATE: neighbor wrote me a nice note with her phone number. She really does seem like a nice kid so that was what made it more frustrating. Except for this, she's a very good neighbor. I wrote a long note explaining that she chose the better path in this situation.
                Last edited by Food Lady; 01-28-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• OK dudes, so this time we actually saw your "customer" taking something out of your mailbox and putting something else in. Drugs out = money in, I'm guessing.

Assholes.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I'm happy to report that I'm going to end up being friendly with the neighbors next door. Both of them have reached out to me with promises that if I ever have any issue, I can come to them. I said in my note that I still consider them good neighbors and they seem like the type of people I'd like to get to know, and that I over-reacted because of all the problems with previous tenants over there. I should have just talked to them first and I apologized for not doing so. They are open to hanging out and getting to know each other and because I know their cars are iffy right now I texted that if they need rides to ask me. I haven't spoken to them face to face--just haven't really run into them--but we all have each others' numbers and at some point I will probably invite them over for a snack or something. This is something I don't do so that's growth for me. They really could label me as the nasty older lady next door who calls the cops and they'd be partially right, but instead they chose to make peace with me. I haven't heard Godzilla in two weeks. I didn't mean they can't EVER play!

Comment

• I do understand that sometimes people have to take a shower at 1:15 a.m.; everybody has different work schedules. But you don't have to have a loud conversation about it in the bathroom. Some people sleep at night. Imagine that!

Comment

• It's finally gone!

I moved to an apartment complex. We had two cars in the parking lot sitting completely unused. One was a white Dodge Caliber and the other was a red Chevrolet Cavalier. The Chevy was messed up when one of our neighbors backed into it. It took about three months for the owner to have the cosmetic damage fixed and another four months before the owner started driving it again.

The white Dodge was sitting on a jack in an effort to hide the fact that it had a flat tire. It had been that way for almost two years. The owners couldn't hide the fact that it had no license plate and the temporary tag was 2 years out of date. The landlords finally took action and put a green sticker that said that they had four days to get the registration up to date or it will be towed. Four days later, it was hauled off by a tow truck.

I don't have to look at that eyesore anymore.
                        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Quoth catcul View Post
                          We had two cars in the parking lot sitting completely unused. One was a white Dodge Caliber and the other was a red Chevrolet Cavalier. The Chevy was messed up when one of our neighbors backed into it. It took about three months for the owner to have the cosmetic damage fixed and another four months before the owner started driving it again.
                          To be fair, if they were on a limited budget it may have taken the owners of the Chevy that long to save up the money to get everything fixed.

No excuses for the Dodge, though. If they couldn't be arsed to fix it up they should have sold it; heck, they probably could have got scrap value for it.
                          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• A few nights ago, I saw a Dodge Caliber parked in front of my car.
                            I thought, "Oh, no! It's back."
                            Then I realized that it was silver. I know that car was being used.

BTW, I believe that the interior of the Dodge Caliber was designed by a direct descendant of the Marquis de Sade.

Comment

• Quoth catcul View Post
                              ... direct descendant of the Marquis de Sade.
                              ... that was one of the times he used the whole chicken instead of just a feather, right?
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Let's just say that there's a good reason that sadism is named after the Marquis de Sade.

Comment

Working...
                                X