This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other company does it!

With rising fuel prices, there are several discount schemes. No doubt anyone reading this will be familiar with at least one.

The store I work at is part of an offer with a locally owned supermarket chain. Spend over $30 in one of their stores, and they give you a voucher good for 4 cents per liter off at ours. Company Y in the following example has a thing where if you spend $5 on convenience store items you get 4 cents per liter off your fuel.

Me: "That's $XX.XX"
    SC: "Hey! That's supposed to be a discount! I'm spending $7 here, that's good for 4 cents off!"
    Me: "No, the only discount we accept is the vouchers from Supermarket."
    SC: "Well at Company Y they do it!"
    Me: "This is Company X, we take Supermarket vouchers."
    SC: "Well that's stupid. Company Y do the discount for spending money on other stuff, you should too."
    Me: "Company Y doesn't take supermarket vouchers, we do."
    SC: "Allright allright... " (pays) "I still think you should do what Company Y does."

And I think you should take an Omega 3 supplement since your diet clearly doesn't contain enough to maintain proper brain function.

Well, got to company Y then you pinhead.<the SC not you>

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
      Well, got to company Y then you pinhead.
      Actually I did once get told off (when working elsewhere, not at my current employer) for telling a customer "So go to the supermarket!" when they complained that supermarket prices are cheaper than convenience store prices.

Comment

Am I the only one thinking that the customer gets a better deal with the supermarket scheme? If you shop there already, then you easily spend $30.00 for gas savings and aren't paying highly marked-up prices on junk food.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          Am I the only one thinking that the customer gets a better deal with the supermarket scheme? If you shop there already, then you easily spend $30.00 for gas savings and aren't paying highly marked-up prices on junk food.
          Nope, I figured that one out too. Although the spend the money in store scheme is OK if you were going to spend the money anyway (such as on a magazine with a set cover price, or oil or coolant or somehting like that)

Comment

We now take a "rewards" card from a major grocery store.

The prices at the grocery store were CHEAPER before they came up with the reward program. Most people never let the balance grow. They visit the grocery store then come right to our gas station and get like $20 in gas and save $0.05 a gallon.

I have tried to inform some customers they should let the discount grow and then come in and FILL UP. They don't seem to listen or care.

The discount starts dropping off after 60 days. If it was me I would keep track and come in as close to the last day as I could.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
              Actually I did once get told off (when working elsewhere, not at my current employer) for telling a customer "So go to the supermarket!" when they complained that supermarket prices are cheaper than convenience store prices.
              Heh one of my former coworkers many jobs ago(gas station) told one of the guys that came in all the time to hit on me, "You know, Katt has a boyfriend and there's a supersaver right down the street with cheaper prices and single cashiers-Go there please!"

I loved her.
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
              X