This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC on a mission; I falter before the force

Our store has a gate that runs on a track, whos purpose is to close the registers and back of the store behind it after hours. Our mailbox holders may then come in with their own key to retrieve their mail and we have no fear of being robbed.
    The gate is broken and only locks from the customers side. Upon closing, I am now required to lock it from that side, exit front door, lock front door, walk around to the back of the building, finish closing and set the alarm, finally locking the back door on my merry way out.

SC comes to locked front door, yep you guessed it, about 10 mins after closing, rattles locked door, presses face to window and sees me still inside - behind the pain in the arse gate, mind you - pounds on door with fists.

Because I cannot easily open gate/door, I yell SORRY CLOSED and hope he hears me.

He must not hear me (the locked front door, closed gate, closed sign, business hours, and lack of lighting also seem to be stragely invisible) because he yells back;
    "Hey I just need <insert some mundane shit I only half heard but likely wouldnt be able nor willing to do for him anyways>!!!"

I yell SORRY CLOSED again, and proceed to exit to the supposed safety of the back of the building where I have parked and plan to make my escape.

Lo and behold, he has RUN AROUND TO THE BACK OF THE BUILDING TO MEET ME AND IS BLOCKING MY PATH TO MY VEHICLE.

SC: "So you're closed huh, I saw the gate was closed but I thought...."

Me: **makes a sound like a sick badger choking on a piece of rotting moose gristle**

Quoth elysia View Post
    Me: **makes a sound like a sick badger choking on a piece of rotting moose gristle**
    Now you have my curiosity peeked.... I am sure I don't want to know, but hmm....
    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

"So you're closed huh, I saw the gate was closed but I thought...."

That there be some fine logix.......

Comment

Quoth elysia View Post

I yell SORRY CLOSED again, and proceed to exit to the supposed safety of the back of the building where I have parked and plan to make my escape.

Lo and behold, he has RUN AROUND TO THE BACK OF THE BUILDING TO MEET ME AND IS BLOCKING MY PATH TO MY VEHICLE.

Now, call me paranoid, but this is the part where I woulda whipped out my phone, held it ready, and yelled, "I have just dialed 911 and I WILL hit the Call button if you try anything mister now back away!!"
        Anbody who comes between me and my sole exit when I'm alone closing up or some such is a serious red flag threat. He coulda been some kind of psycho.
        "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Working...
        X